autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions/suggestions wanted, can't decide

Quote Originally Posted by WEST SIDE View Post
    CarPro Cquartz UK Edition 3.0 50 ml.
    Can't be shipped to Hawaii.
    I may have to stick with sealant/wax?
    Can't be shipped by who? Autogeek? Contact Corey of CarPro US. It looks like they ship to the Hawaii.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that an AutoGeek restriction? Not sure why it can't be shipped to Hawaii. It isn't like it's a aerosol can or other type of product which could explode in the cargo hold of a plane. I wonder if other places would ship it to you.

You won't need the 50mL bottle unless you're going to do multiple vehicles. I've easily done an average size car (BMW 3-series) with half a 30mL bottle and was able to do 1x Jaguar F-Pace AND a Porsche Cayenne with 50mL bottle with about 25% of the bottle left over. Granted this is all with 1 coat on those vehicles. I never do multiple coats.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Is that an AutoGeek restriction? Not sure why it can't be shipped to Hawaii. It isn't like it's a aerosol can or other type of product which could explode in the cargo hold of a plane. I wonder if other places would ship it to you.
    It has something to do with the flammability of the product. There are a lot of things that don't ship to Hawaii, so we need to find other avenues to get certain items.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Can't be shipped by who? Autogeek? Contact Corey of CarPro US. It looks like they ship to the Hawaii.
    Yes Autogeek, I had it in my cart and this popped up Federal regulations prohibit the shipment of this products by air, UPS 3 Day, UPS 2, or US Mail. This item is shipped by UPS Ground only. Sorry but no APO or FPO addresses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

You won't need the 50mL bottle unless you're going to do multiple vehicles. I've easily done an average size car (BMW 3-series) with half a 30mL bottle and was able to do 1x Jaguar F-Pace AND a Porsche Cayenne with 50mL bottle with about 25% of the bottle left over. Granted this is all with 1 coat on those vehicles. I never do multiple coats.
    #30mL, thanks that was my next question

Post Thanks / Like

Getting my wife a 2021 Lexus RX 450H in atomic silver shortly to replace her 2011. I have always detailed our own vehicles and can't decide if I should use what I have or get into the coatings. I have used and liked the following products.
    WGDGPS 3.0
    Duragloss 601/105
    Klasse twins
    Collinite 845/476

She has good washing/drying techniques except for wheel wells and lower rockers which I do if I'm helping and I can't get her to stop washing in the sun!
    Salt,sun, bird droppings etc. are always a constant. Car will be low mileage, garage kept. I stay on the occasional spray wax topper, usually Optimum once in awhile.
    I don't have a lot of time for detailing but I do pretty well on maintenance.

Any advice is appreciated.
    I would stick with WDGPS or Collinite 845. MP may a good case against using coatings. If you have any kind of daily driver schedule/drive it in rain, you will have road grime which will bond to your coating and need to be buffed out in a year at most, thereby negating the 2-3 yr. protection of the coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Avgguy is correct---

Coatings are good for a year and then gotta do it again. Lots of work to do coatings.

Machine high def sealant only once a year and just before winter---BF spray sealant. Easy peachy and car looks as good as first day.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Old pic of Collinite 476 three months after application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes TMQ, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avgguy View Post
    I would stick with WDGPS or Collinite 845. MP may a good case against using coatings. If you have any kind of daily driver schedule/drive it in rain, you will have road grime which will bond to your coating and need to be buffed out in a year at most, thereby negating the 2-3 yr. protection of the coatings.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Avgguy is correct---

Coatings are good for a year and then gotta do it again. Lots of work to do coatings.

Machine high def sealant only once a year and just before winter---BF spray sealant. Easy peachy and car looks as good as first day.

Tom
    Kinda rethinking the coating as it's not going to see a lot of miles and will be garaged. If I had more time,maybe

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Old pic of Collinite 476 three months after application.

I use 476 on my 03 pickup in my avatar and it really holds up.. It's outside 24/7, beach driven, not pampered and one of the vehicles my daughters and family friends use when they come to visit, so it takes a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avgguy View Post
    I am going to have to state that with the right maintenance a coating can get 2-3 years with little defects and no worry about road grime. Experienced this myself with cquartz coatings.

Kinda rethinking the coating as it's not going to see a lot of miles and will be garaged. If I had more time,maybe
    Don't let this turn you away from a coating. A coating will last forever on a vehicle that is garaged and not driven that much.

13. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast