autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless wash or just water

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I have a black 16 mustang..... I feel your pain. Rinsing and blow drying never cut it. Not a fan of Waterless washes unless it’s Frothe.

I would recommend RINSELESS wash. Basically it’s a bucket full of waterless wash. Dip about 5-10 MF towels into bucket of solution and wipe car down. It’s quick an simple and haven’t had much marring issues.

I use a pump sprayer and pre spray car before doing.

Wolfgang Uber or Uber Sio2 rinseless washes would be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you tried other waterless in a foaming sprayer? Never tried it but I now remember that Larry suggest using frothe that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Have you tried other waterless in a foaming sprayer? Never tried it but I now remember that Larry suggest using frothe that way.
    Yeah only way I use frothecand love it. Most standard waterless or rinseless won’t foam. Their seem to be more that do on the market. 3D has one.... ADG has a soap that works in a bucket and as a Foaming waterless, Fusion i believe.

Theirs a thread on here or Autopia re cently about foaming waterless washes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Calendyr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used a Waterless wash for the first time last week. I decided to use that to clay instead of the rinseless solution I normally use, When came time to dry the panel, a lot of residue was left behind. I had to re-wash with a rinseless to get rid of it... No a big fan so far. Next time il will rinse with rinseless before drying to see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't, I will stop using it.
    Which WW did you use?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I have a black truck, garage kept, driven moderately in So Cal weather.

Here's what I do... And while my method will make many of you here cringe, it works for me and my truck always looks good and is essentially swirl-free. 100% swirl-free on a driven black vehicle is impossible over the long haul, but periodic light polishing's will refresh the finish to near perfection.

My first step (and here's where the cringing begins) is to remove any loose dust/contamination with a California Car Duster. I then follow with Meguiar's D115 "Rinse-Free Express Wash and Wax" diluted 4:1 (4 parts water to 1 part product) and used like you would use a quik detailer. Mist it on - wipe it off.

This process works good enough for me that I can't even remember the last time I used a hose and did a conventional wash. I do conventional washes occasionally, but generally only when I want to hose off the undercarraige, wheel wells, jambs and the like.

In my opinion, cleaning the loose dust from the vehicle with the California Car Duster before touching the finish in any other way is the safest way to minimize swirling, short of a full, gentle, conventional washing.

I also have two black Harley's that I maintain the same way.
    Lol, I won't lie, I'll still use my old California Duster on mine the next day if I washed and waxed it and basically put her in the garage shortly afterwards. That's about it anymore. I used to use it all the time many years ago before I started correcting the paint on my cars. You couldn't tell that it was putting scratches on the paint back in the day because nobody had corrected paint in the 80' & 90's lol. I remember going to a 500 World of Wheels one year in the late 90's and seeing a Chevelle that had this perfect paint job. I thought, "how can it look that good?". That's around the time I researched ways to make your paint look good. I'm pretty sure that's about the time I would see Mike Phillips on TV discussing car care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Which WW did you use?

CarPro Echo 15:1

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Echo 15:1
    It's a little finicky as a WW, have you used it as a RW yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's a little finicky as a WW, have you used it as a RW yet?

No. I have used Optimum No-Rinse for about 8 years now. This summer I switched to McKee's 37 N-914. So far I can't really see a difference between the two when I use them (which is a very good thing).
    I decided to switch because N-914 doesn't leave any protection behind which makes it more versatile. Especially because I do a lot of ceramic coatings so not having to worry about remove protection I just applied doing the wash is a good thing.

I don't know why I would want to use Echo as a rinseless though. It's a more expensive product.

Post Thanks / Like

No. I have used Optimum No-Rinse for about 8 years now. This summer I switched to McKee's 37 N-914. So far I can't really see a difference between the two when I use them (which is a very good thing).
    I decided to switch because N-914 doesn't leave any protection behind which makes it more versatile. Especially because I do a lot of ceramic coatings so not having to worry about remove protection I just applied doing the wash is a good thing.

I don't know why I would want to use Echo as a rinseless though. It's a more expensive product.
    I assume you have some Echo left? If so, 2 oz of Echo to 4 gallons of water is how I use it for a RW. This product does have Gloss enhancers in it, so this alone could be a no go for you. Your also right about the price, Echo isn't cheap compared to N914, like you mentiined.

Your definitely someone who buys/tries and sticks with one product and since your so new into using N914 could I suggest Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless washWaterless wash or just water Its the same price as N914 and available to buy here. This product does an AMAZING job at cleaning and leaves NOTHING behindWaterless wash or just waterWaterless wash or just water

10. Likes Azure liked this post
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

If your car has a substantial amount of mud, dirt, sand, and dust, that has caked on or has accumulated over time, a car wash without water isn’t advisable. Because merely wiping them with a waterless wash would result in scratches on the paintwork.
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 08-16-2022 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Links / Spam

Post Thanks / Like

Epic thread bump LOL

13. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast