autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Question Meguiar’s M27 is very runny

Hey all. I was looking at some of my products today and noticed that my 16 oz. bottle of Meguiar’s M27 Pro Hybrid Ceramic Sealant is very runny. It was about the consistency of yogurt. Now it is the consistency of coffee creamer, and no amount of shaking will thicken it back up. Is it still good, or is it a lost cause?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar’s M27 is very runny

I bought my bottle when it first came out. I looked at it and it separated where it looked like yogurt or cottage cheese. I shook for a awhile and it is the consistency of lotion. I can't recall what it looked like when I first got it but I believe it is supposed to be more lotion like. Hybrid Ceramic liquid wax did the same thing.

There was a bad batch so you may want to contact Meguiar's as they have the batch number of the bad batch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I bought my bottle when it first came out. I looked at it and it separated where it looked like yogurt or cottage cheese. I shook for a awhile and it is the consistency of lotion. I can't recall what it looked like when I first got it but I believe it is supposed to be more lotion like. Hybrid Ceramic liquid wax did the same thing.

There was a bad batch so you may want to contact Meguiar's as they have the batch number of the bad batch.
    Guz, I had no clue you were into ceramic sealants. I recall someone (TrustJesus) had some longevity issues with the consumer version. Did you get to use either of these Meg’s? Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Guz, I had no clue you were into ceramic sealants. I recall someone (TrustJesus) had some longevity issues with the consumer version. Did you get to use either of these Meg’s? Any thoughts?
    None to share. I haven’t even touched either one since I bought them.

5. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars had an issue with early production Ultimate compound turning watery as well. Maybe they are rushing products to market too quickly. Not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had bottles of M205 and D300 go very runny on me over time. I don't think I've had any issues with anything else. Pulled an old bottle of NXT Tech Wax out recently which still works great. Anyone have any feedback on M27 that's been running it for a while yet in terms of performance? Still haven't picked it up to play around with yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Pulled an old bottle of NXT Tech Wax out recently which still works great. Anyone have any feedback on M27 that's been running it for a while yet in terms of performance? Still haven't picked it up to play around with yet.
    Any notice of longevity with your old NXT? I have old M21 (basically professional version of NXT to my knowledge) and I swear the last two times I used it, durability was really poor... like a few weeks before it appeared dead. I know it’s not a beading sealant and more of a sheeter, but the surface wasn’t slick, as far as I could tell it was dead. Made me wonder if this stuff goes bad quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Any notice of longevity with your old NXT? I have old M21 (basically professional version of NXT to my knowledge) and I swear the last two times I used it, durability was really poor... like a few weeks before it appeared dead. I know it’s not a beading sealant and more of a sheeter, but the surface wasn’t slick, as far as I could tell it was dead. Made me wonder if this stuff goes bad quickly.
    This was NXT gen tech wax after 8.5 months

10. Thanks Caraman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update. I contacted Meguiar’s via email about this issue. They responded within a day and asked for a picture of the back of the bottle, and are sending out a replacement bottle of M27 free of charge. All’s well that ends well!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

12. Likes The Guz, acuRAS82 liked this post