autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My issue with Interior Detailers.....

I had a bottle of 303 laying around so I used it on the interior. I've been using Meguiar's Quik Interior Detail spray but gave the 303 a shot. A bit too much shine, but not bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My issue with Interior Detailers.....

I sometimes use meguiars d156. I’m not really overly picky about how my interior looks, so I can’t say whether or not it transforms the look at all.

I also couldn’t really say if it protects very much. I seldom ever have anything more than dust to deal with.

It’s good for basically every exterior surface though, so I have to imagine it provides some level of protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes CleanIT, supercharged75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs D156 xpress wax. Safe for interior pieces, trim, glass, leather, plastics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. Likes Finick, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I will look for this. This is exactly what I think I'm looking for.

7. Likes supercharged75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't impressed with Meguiars interior detailer. It just didn't seem to have any cleaning ability. I like the Surf City interior detailer better. I'm not looking for a high gloss shine though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I had a bottle of 303 laying around so I used it on the interior. I've been using Meguiar's Quik Interior Detail spray but gave the 303 a shot. A bit too much shine, but not bad. My issue though with products like 303 is they are water based and when you get in and out of the car during a rainy day, it washes it off quickly. There are no hydrophobic qualities to these sprays.

Does anyone think using a wax based type product, such as Griot's 3 in 1 or something similar, would be better on interior plastics? If not, Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer will continue to be my go to despite the more subdued look.
    Both products you mentioned are different. Ine for maintenance, one for protection. Curious what is getting wet when opening doors? Just door panels?

For better protection on parts that get wet.... look into a interior coating. Gyeon and Carpros make interior coatings.

Not as stout but a really good product (i have a convertible and when flash rains spring up all interior can catch a sprinkle.) is Pinnacle Black Label leather & vinyl coating. Id probably recommend that for ease of use. Look for a sale as it is not cheap but well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's raining hard and you open the door, the inside door panel gets wet. Not a big deal but I have noticed the water based interior products (303 etc.) as expected, don't hold up to rain that well.

I really like Meg Quik Interior detail spray. OEM Matte look. The 303 looks decent too. I was considering a wax type product for water repellency.

Thanks for the suggestions on the Gyeon.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I myself am not a fan of interior dressings. I don’t care for anything shinier than a natural factory look, and I hate the application process. That said, I typically use “interior detailer” type products. My go-to at present is Griot’s Garage Interior Detailer. Smells great, leaves a nice fresh look, offers UV protection, affordable, and easily available (you can pick it up at places like Advance Auto or Auto Zone). Mother’s Speed Interior Detailer is a nice option as well. A bit more unconventional option is Optimum Opti-Clean. While it is marketed as a waterless wash, it can be used on the interior. I have used it as such before, and it is supposed to offer some protection as it contains polymers. It will not change the look of interior plastics either. Here is a review I did a number of years ago on Autopia, Autogeek’s sister site, comparing several interior detailer type products. You may find it helpful.

Chemical Guys InnerClean compared against interior quick detailer products
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

14. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Quik Interior detailer is like that. Leaves no shine. I prefer that too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    If it's raining hard and you open the door, the inside door panel gets wet. Not a big deal but I have noticed the water based interior products (303 etc.) as expected, don't hold up to rain that well.

I really like Meg Quik Interior detail spray. OEM Matte look. The 303 looks decent too. I was considering a wax type product for water repellency.

Thanks for the suggestions on the Gyeon.
    Depending on the material you could look into Cquartz Leather Coating or Gyeon Leather Shield if you are looking for water repellency and also retaining the OEM appearance. They will give the material a richer appearance bit not give it shine. Does work good for the purpose you are concerned about.

17. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast