autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for an after wash topper spray

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    According to PA USA web page High Gloss durability is up to 7 months and Esoyeric says that Spritz is 4-6 so basically is there any real difference between the 2 in terms of durability?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I’ve read where high gloss is 2-3 months. PA states 4-6 months for rapid waxxx and i’ve read 4-6 weeks.

Cosmic is supposedly higher in Sio2 than Tio2 and opposite for High gloss although i can’t confirm because i can’t find SDS for high gloss.

More tio2 is supposedly what brings the gloss and lower sio2 gives less durability. And you’ve been around long enough to know to take manufacturers suggested claimed durability’s.... i get at most 3-4 months from Cosmic so will be happy with 2 months from high gloss.

If you do believe in manufacture’s claims pop this on and i’ll see you in 9 years.Looking for an after wash topper sprayLooking for an after wash topper spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for an after wash topper spray

What about DP Need for Bead?

DP Need for Bead is good stuff. Much like Beadmaker. Basically a first line competitor in my experience. Does everything similar. I liked it slightly more but I wasn’t a huge BM fan to begin with. Anyone looking for an easy, pleasant topper to spray every few washes would be happy with Need for Bead in my opinion.

Review: DP Need for Bead

4. Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’ve read where high gloss is 2-3 months. PA states 4-6 months for rapid waxxx and i’ve read 4-6 weeks.

Cosmic is supposedly higher in Sio2 than Tio2 and opposite for High gloss although i can’t confirm because i can’t find SDS for high gloss.

More tio2 is supposedly what brings the gloss and lower sio2 gives less durability. And you’ve been around long enough to know to take manufacturers suggested claimed durability’s.... i get at most 3-4 months from Cosmic so will be happy with 2 months from high gloss.
    High Gloss has 80% TiO2 listed and 5% SiO2, however that was calculated / managed. Either way it’s some heavy TiO2 in the overall formula.

6. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    High Gloss has 80% TiO2 listed and 5% SiO2, however that was calculated / managed. Either way it’s some heavy TiO2 in the overall formula.
    Yeah it’s crazy how much they use Sio2/Tio2. Rapidwaxxx which cheap by PA standards is 30% or greater on both plus 5% nooba.

Have you tried Rapidwaxxx and any Carnauba Arts? Seems like only difference is 5% more nooba and color charged.

Thinking what i should get for non metallic white. Rapidwaxxx, White Alabaster, or Gold zirkon....

8. Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it’s crazy how much they use Sio2/Tio2. Rapidwaxxx which cheap by PA standards is 30% or greater on both plus 5% nooba.

Have you tried Rapidwaxxx and any Carnauba Arts? Seems like only difference is 5% more nooba and color charged.

Thinking what i should get for non metallic white. Rapidwaxxx, White Alabaster, or Gold zirkon....
    I have Rapidwaxx, Black Wulfenite, Grey Graphite and Gold Zircon.

The stats on Rapidwaxx look great, no doubt. It’s very smooth. It doesn’t blow me away but it makes everything look luscious.

With that said, Carnauba Arts are a visual step up. Like some of the best looking things I’ve ever used. I would go the extra $30-40 for the Arts if you have that luxury.

My recommendation for non-metallic white would be White Alabaster even though I haven’t used it, I just trust the line. Black Wulfenite is my #1 for wife’s non-metallic black Audi. Gold Zircon looks amazing on metallic and probably everything if you wanted more future flexibility (not that White Alabaster can’t be used on other colors). I haven’t tried Grey Graphite but the X5 M will wear it in spring and I’m excited about it.

I can’t stop typing but basically you can’t go wrong with any of the Carnauba Arts imo and you aren’t going to cry if you end up with only Rapidwaxx.

10. Thanks Coatingsarecrack, gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you do believe in manufacture’s claims pop this on and i’ll see you in 9 years.Looking for an after wash topper sprayLooking for an after wash topper spray

Point to you!!!
    Makes perfectly sense...

Jeez 9 yrs!?!?!
    Yeah right

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DP Need for Bead is good stuff. Much like Beadmaker. Basically a first line competitor in my experience. Does everything similar. I liked it slightly more but I wasn’t a huge BM fan to begin with. Anyone looking for an easy, pleasant topper to spray every few washes would be happy with Need for Bead in my opinion.

Review: DP Need for Bead
    Nice!!!
    I actually have a bottle that havent open yet waiting for the weather to warm up.

I dont like Dust Maker but if DP dont require cure time but gives similar slickness and gloss to me is better than BM

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooooo Rapid Waxx does have SiO2/TiO2 on its formula???

Post Thanks / Like

I have Rapidwaxx, Black Wulfenite, Grey Graphite and Gold Zircon.

The stats on Rapidwaxx look great, no doubt. It’s very smooth. It doesn’t blow me away but it makes everything look luscious.

With that said, Carnauba Arts are a visual step up. Like some of the best looking things I’ve ever used. I would go the extra $30-40 for the Arts if you have that luxury.

My recommendation for non-metallic white would be White Alabaster even though I haven’t used it, I just trust the line. Black Wulfenite is my #1 for wife’s non-metallic black Audi. Gold Zircon looks amazing on metallic and probably everything if you wanted more future flexibility (not that White Alabaster can’t be used on other colors). I haven’t tried Grey Graphite but the X5 M will wear it in spring and I’m excited about it.

I can’t stop typing but basically you can’t go wrong with any of the Carnauba Arts imo and you aren’t going to cry if you end up with only Rapidwaxx.
    Super interesting post

I thought the color charge thing was a placebo more than anything.

The durability of the carnauba arts is the same as the RW?

My wife has a Glacier White Q5, I was thinking to put 2 layers of RW on it because dont like the idea of coloring my eagle towels... (lame)

That white requires extra effort to pop, you think RW will cut it or it needs the extra step?

Can you really tell the difference between HG and Cosmic???

Post Thanks / Like

Soooooo Rapid Waxx does have SiO2/TiO2 on its formula???

According to SDS over 30% on both. I’ve read more along the lines of what Acura was saying in terms of looks... more nooba and color charged.

Protection and beading i’m guessing same (same +30 on tio2/sio2)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast