autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Durability Test: Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Paring the sealant with the rinseless wash and the spray sealant should easily get you through the summer and much longer. I purposely didn't top this sealant with anything or use any "enhanced" soaps just to see how long it would last all on it's own. Boosting occasionally with a spray sealant should extend the life of the base LSP quite a bit.
    Excellent to hear and I am excited to use it. Now, to just find some time to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great test! I'm wondering if anybody noticed if the WGDG paint sealant sio2 attracts more dust? Did a 1step to my mother in laws for her birthday and installed wgdg sio2 paint sealant. she said it never got that dusty before she has had car 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

The time period I used it really isn't that dusty in my area. During the fall harvest time we do get a lot of dust and plant debris in the air and I don't recall the noticing it was any worse than other sealants. If anything it was a little better, i.e. attracted less, than Collinite 845. So many environmental variables at play it's hard to say.

Either way, it was really easy to wash when it did get dirty as nothing really seemed to stick.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richhinz View Post
    Great test! I'm wondering if anybody noticed if the WGDG paint sealant sio2 attracts more dust? Did a 1step to my mother in laws for her birthday and installed wgdg sio2 paint sealant. she said it never got that dusty before she has had car 3 years
    Did not have that experience with WG SIO2....but, truthfully, not really all that 'dusty' in my area

Post Thanks / Like

I dont remember exactly but did you polish the paint before applying this? I'm going to polish before hand using this but just curious... I still go back and forth in a selaant or coating when I polish this time around.

Im just a bit afraid of water spots with coatings, and the truck sits outside sometimes a week at a time in the rain etc.

A sealant tends to be easier to eliminate waterspits if I get some. I don't want to polish out water spots of I can help it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richhinz View Post
    I have WGDPS SIO2 on my truck and live on a dirt road. I notice no more dust than usual. Maybe your mil notices more now since you polished her car. Such to say maybe she never looked but once you polished it she looked how sweet it looked and starting paying attention.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    I dont remember exactly but did you polish the paint before applying this? I'm going to polish before hand using this but just curious... I still go back and forth in a selaant or coating when I polish this time around.
    Yes, I polished out the car prior to application. There was a coating on it prior to this sealant application and for testing purposes I wanted a bare surface. After polishing, I applied it with my DA.

Im just a bit afraid of water spots with coatings, and the truck sits outside sometimes a week at a time in the rain etc.

A sealant tends to be easier to eliminate waterspits if I get some. I don't want to polish out water spots of I can help it.
    In the last few years of using CanCoat and CarPro coatings I've never had any water spotting issues from rain. My car is primarily garaged, but I have had it sit at the airport with all the industrial fall out and rain with no issues. Several of my family cars sit out 24/7 and they've not had water spotting issues either. The only time I've had water spots was on a car with a sealant that sat too close to the sprinklers for a few days and I had to polish it out with my DA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Yes, I polished out the car prior to application. There was a coating on it prior to this sealant application and for testing purposes I wanted a bare surface. After polishing, I applied it with my DA.

In the last few years of using CanCoat and CarPro coatings I've never had any water spotting issues from rain. My car is primarily garaged, but I have had it sit at the airport with all the industrial fall out and rain with no issues. Several of my family cars sit out 24/7 and they've not had water spotting issues either. The only time I've had water spots was on a car with a sealant that sat too close to the sprinklers for a few days and I had to polish it out with my DA.
    Really? Looks like I might have to think about carpros coating...

Post Thanks / Like

An option might be to get one of the little 10ml sample bottles directly from CarPro. They are only about $20. Coat one area like half the roof or a trunk lid and put sealant on the rest of the car. The financial risk is pretty low, the amount of work would be pretty low, and you could see if it works out for you in your environment.

You really couldn't go wrong if you use this Wolfgang sealant either. It's all about what you're comfortable doing.

Post Thanks / Like

This is true. Im scared of coatings since I did it on my other truck but this one was bought new and 72k for a truck well isnt cheap haha. If coatings are THAT much better at maintaining paint then... Im almost ( I know I know ) at the point of paying someone to do it and let them maintain it. But I know I can do it myself, so thats just wasting money. My parents just bought a new home and have a garage... this would be good for me so I can leave it there overnight in the garage while it cures. Heck even put the coating on inside the garage as well. Decision...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234