autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Brand new tire coating??

Getting new tires so before they get any coating on them on I was wondering what coating sealer would be best. It is a Brand new Onyx Black Metallic Denali 3500 single rear wheel straight off the truck. did not let dealership touch it, so far I have q2trim the plastic and carpro essence gloss enhancer and Black fire pro ceramic black edition the paint. Will be replacing tires and rims so they will need to be sealed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new tire coating??

Let the tires get a couple weeks of use, doing good scrubbings and allow them to outgas (breathing) As far as which coating for the tires, well, I'd love to suggest OPT Tire Coating but it's been hit or miss and really comes down to tire mfg, very finicky product. That said, if it does work with a tire, its outstanding! On the flip side, if it doesn't work it turns the tires brownish/tan/gold and has to be scrubbed off with mineral spirits.

A pretty safe option is the 303 Tire Balm. Although not a coating persay it's very good, has solid durability and isn't too expensive for the size of the bottle. It's available here but if you order directly from Gold Eagle, their parent company and soend over $50, you'll get free shipping. I'd suggest the 303 Touchless Sealant for use on the rims and vehicle but it sounds like your going another route on the paint. The 303 Touchless Sealant is great to seal up the rims and very easy to apply, just clean the wheel, rinse off the soap and while wet, spray on the 303 Touchless Sealant, let sit for 20-30 seconds and hose off...that's it!

Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll find enough from 303 to get that free shipping!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes smooth72 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't put any tire dressing on for a few weeks. Clean them weekly. New tires have a mold release wax that will not let the tire coating bond properly. Many like tuf shine tire coating. I know pinnacle black label has one but I have never used it. McKee's 37 also one but I am not feeling the latest ceramic series version.

5. Thanks smooth72 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Tuf Shine and like it as it holds up for quite a few months. I only put on 2 coats the first time and it wasn’t as shiny as I’d like after a couple weeks so I’ll probably put 4 coats on when I do the tires again this week. Looks good and very easy to clean with a mild cleaner. I put on a ceramic coating on my wheels (DLux) so together they are incredibly easy to maintain.

7. Thanks smooth72 thanked for this post
    Likes Rsurfer, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I use Tuf Shine and like it as it holds up for quite a few months. I only put on 2 coats the first time and it wasn’t as shiny as I’d like after a couple weeks so I’ll probably put 4 coats on when I do the tires again this week. Looks good and very easy to clean with a mild cleaner. I put on a ceramic coating on my wheels (DLux) so together they are incredibly easy to maintain.
    Exactly what I do, except I don't care for shiny tires, so 1-2 coats is enough for me.

With Dlux on my wheels, a QD is all that is needed to clean the brake dust.

9. Thanks smooth72 thanked for this post
    Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add that 303 Tire Balm has that bluish tint to it, like other true tire coating have but I've never had an issue with it turning the tires that brown/tan/goldish color like OPT tire coating has done on both my 3 season tires as well as my winter tires. It's worth checking out IMO, easy to apply and no multiple tire cleaning needed hereBrand new tire coating??Brand new tire coating??

11. Thanks smooth72 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Don't put any tire dressing on for a few weeks. Clean them weekly. New tires have a mold release wax that will not let the tire coating bond properly. Many like tuf shine tire coating. I know pinnacle black label has one but I have never used it. McKee's 37 also one but I am not feeling the latest ceramic series version.
    I think you liked the previous (not SiO2 Ceramic Series) M37 Tire Coating, until it hardened, right? I like the original but I haven’t tried PBL yet. Will do a comparison between the two (M37 original vs PBL) on my never before dressed winter tires. Will be interesting during winter torture.

13. Thanks smooth72 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think you liked the previous (not SiO2 Ceramic Series) M37 Tire Coating, until it hardened, right? I like the original but I haven’t tried PBL yet. Will do a comparison between the two (M37 original vs PBL) on my never before dressed winter tires. Will be interesting during winter torture.
    That's right. The newest version lost a lot of it's look after a couple washes. It looked great for the initial application. I have yet to reapply it.

15. Thanks smooth72 thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think you liked the previous (not SiO2 Ceramic Series) M37 Tire Coating
    I’ve had this brand new bottle of the V1 McKee’s Tire Coating on my shelf for a while... It came as part of a bundle when I bought a gallon of the Tire Rejuvenator and I never asked if they could swap it out for the newer verson.

I finally decided to try it 1 day on the Kia after spending about a good hour scrubbing the tires numerous times and making sure they were ready.

I literally applied the coating somewhere between 7-8 layers on each tire using a brand new foam applicator... Why so many times? Well for 1, I figured I would just dedicate this bottle to that vehicles tires and the main reason was because after each layer was allowed to dry for about 10min. you couldn’t really tell it had been applied. Even after so many layers you could bearly tell and 2-3 days later it looked like a straight bare tire.

Needless to say I haven’t touched this V1 bottle since.

Post Thanks / Like

Hot GarbageBrand new tire coating??Brand new tire coating??Brand new tire coating??....how was the durability RicBrand new tire coating??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast