autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Engine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer

I have not needed to really clean any of my engine compartments / bays for literally decades, & when I did (I was a twenty year old back in the '70's )-- all I ever used was that spray can of gunk and left it be. Well now I have a older vehicle that I need to clean the engine bay and I NEED something WAY better mainly for two reasons
    1) I just had it re-painted last week &
    2) I hated that odor that the gunk left

What are you fellas using to clean---- then detail the engine bays with now -a- days??
    I would hope to find an aerosol spray for the detailing part of it
    Thanks

2. Likes brianshaeffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Engine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer

A good APC and a brush to clean.

To detail I use 303 Aero on all the plastic pieces, but since you mentioned you wanted an aerosol ...

Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    A good APC and a brush to clean.

To detail I use 303 Aero on all the plastic pieces, but since you mentioned you wanted an aerosol ...

Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant
    Yea I do like the aerosol sprays mainly for ease of application AND uniformity

Post Thanks / Like

Protect the paint by letting it cure a bit longer before you take on the engine cleaning unless your going to detail it with APC and brush with no water hose or pressure washer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not intending to use the pressure washer, hose yes

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally decided to do my motor today.Lots of engine threads and I figured to just post here. I always loved doing motors and was a good add on $!!! After being out of the game for almost 15 years everything has literally progressed light years from where I left off! Thanks to the forum and all of you I have been able to jump back in without floundering! lol
    99% of everything I have used has be spot on INSANE!!! So after I degreased with basic Super Clean 1-4 dried using my Ego Mini. First tried Hyper and didn't like the results. Then grabbed Kote and it was much better and more what I like, but to time consuming for my patients. So I decided to go OLD SCHOOL and grab my secret weapon. I use to buy the whole shelf of Tuff Shine at Walmart but the price has tripled since. So just got the Black Magic for around $5 same crap! I just cake it on and wipe off half way before it dries in areas I can easily reach and blow the excess.
    Engine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-engine-dirty-jpgEngine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-engine-clean-full-jpgEngine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-engine-clean-left4-jpgEngine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-engine-close-clean-right-jpgEngine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-engine-web-jpgEngine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-vents-1-jpgEngine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-e-dewalt-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-e-d-jpg   Engine bay cleaner & engine bay detailer-engine-clean-left-jpg  

10. Likes CleanIT, chilly, Bosko, Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the longest time I was obsessed with keeping the engine bay clean and cleaning it when needed. I still have to have the engine bay clean. Nothing irks me more than a clean car, but dirty engine bay.

In the past I've used Sonus Motorkote, Hyper Dressing, 303 and Polish Angel Engine. All work well.

Process was simple: cover all sensitive electronics, clean with Optimum Power Clean, hose down using shower setting, ai/blow dry with leaf blower. Get the engine warm, spray 303 or HD liberally over entire engine bay. Shut the hood and drive the car. The heat will cause the 303 or similar dressing to self-level. Works perfect.

I got that from following this:

Polished Bliss: 303 Aerospace Protectant Demo Video - YouTube

12. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After cleaning I have been enjoying Koch Chemie Motorplast alot. Very easy to spray, walk away, and get great results.

14. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast