autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer blotchy application?

I bought a couple bottles of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer to use as my quick detailer, but every time I've used it, it goes on 'blotchy' if that makes any sense?!

I'm currently using Mequiars Ultimate polish and wax on my black 2014 Chrysler 300. If I try to spray the BSD on no matter when I try (after washing etc) it seems to go on blotchy as I mentioned. Should I try diluting it or ? It doesn't matter if I use a little or a lot, and also tried 3-4 different microfibers as well from basic to plush. I just bought some ONR to try as a rinseless wash as the car gets dusty so fast here, maybe I should mix some in?

Any ideas would be great, thanks.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer blotchy application?

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I bought a couple bottles of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer to use as my quick detailer, but every time I've used it, it goes on 'blotchy' if that makes any sense?!

I'm currently using Mequiars Ultimate polish and wax on my black 2014 Chrysler 300. If I try to spray the BSD on no matter when I try (after washing etc) it seems to go on blotchy as I mentioned. Should I try diluting it or ? It doesn't matter if I use a little or a lot, and also tried 3-4 different microfibers as well from basic to plush. I just bought some ONR to try as a rinseless wash as the car gets dusty so fast here, maybe I should mix some in?

Any ideas would be great, thanks.
    A lot of people dilute with distilled water up to 1-1. This stuff is viscous and more like a sealant than a QD. If wanting a QD to clean would recommend trying this or another QD all together.

Using it full strength more like a sealant dampen your MF and spray 2-3 squirts in it and wipe down panel to half a panel then buff.

Read from some of mixing it with other QD’s (chem guy’s V07 being a popular one).

If you think of it more as a sealant than QD hear it’s great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes SNP209, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use it 1:2. It is a supperb product on the protection that it leaves , for a QD.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've been reading on 1:1 or more with distilled water. I'll have to try some on a separate spray bottle (which should help as well.)
    Thanks for the tips so far
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Yes, I've been reading on 1:1 or more with distilled water. I'll have to try some on a separate spray bottle (which should help as well.)
    Thanks for the tips so far
    I used it full strength and had streaking then someone (think Bob or Sweetm) on the forum suggested 1:1 and it worked like a champ. I would also spray onto a microfiber towel first and apply it.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used BSD and the best tip I heard and can recommend is getting a flairosol bottle. I will try the 1:1 dilution based on what others said.

Post Thanks / Like

You might try washing with Reset before applying to make sure it's not reacting with other chems.

I always spray it on as I'm drying. I use a blower to knock off 80-90 percent of the water first. This probably does the same as diluting 1:1 or 1:2 as others suggest.

Good stuff. I've always been happy with the results. It makes whites look great and seems to self clean pretty well (But, whites tend to show dirt less. So...?).

Post Thanks / Like

Id personally just try the damp towel method first. Gotta be a reason Sonax doesn’t dilute it with all the complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Id personally just try the damp towel method first. Gotta be a reason Sonax doesn’t dilute it with all the complaints.

I agree. I've been using this for the last 2 years and found it works best at full strength. Application is grabby and you have to be diligent with the wiping and buffing, but the shine and hydrophobic qualities are the best I've seen. As others have stated, BSD does not behave like a detail spray but more like a sealant. Do I wish it was slicker and easier to apply? Of course. Do I wish to dilute it and lessen it's properties? Nope. I simply spray into the MF towel a couple of times at the start, that seems to lessen the grab a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again all. I've not a chance to try anything due to a family emergency. Hopefully we can get back into the swing of things shortly...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast