autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I Quick Detail With Mothers Instant Detailer and Then Apply Another Coat of Optimum Wax?

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    Yes, California Gold Instant Detailer is fine on a wrap or Paint Protection Film. I took his question as to applying a product over the top of it. Any wax or sealant would be fine over the top of it. The truly anal wouldn't want to apply a ceramic coating over the top of an instant detailer like this for best practices. That's why I suggested the body-shop safe versions.
    I will wipe the truck down with the California Gold Instant Detailer in the morning and advise the customer to come back at frequent intervals. My hopes were to get another coat of wax on the truck so maybe I could get a little extra shine and gloss but she looks pretty good so I'll just hit er with another coat of wax when she comes back.

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I Quick Detail With Mothers Instant Detailer and Then Apply Another Coat of Optimum Wax?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post
    I may just try it one day. Will it be ok for this wrap? Also will it degrade the Optimum Car Wax? I was hoping I'd see you pop up on this thread!
    It won’t degrade your wax. If it were me, I’d go for the least expensive, easiest to find product, which would be the California Gold Instant Detailer. It’ll work fine over the wax you’re using.

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It won’t degrade your wax. If it were me, I’d go for the least expensive, easiest to find product, which would be the California Gold Instant Detailer. It’ll work fine over the wax you’re using.
    Cool man. Thank you brother!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, California Gold Instant Detailer is fine on a wrap or Paint Protection Film. I took his question as to applying a product over the top of it. Any wax or sealant would be fine over the top of it. The truly anal wouldn't want to apply a ceramic coating over the top of an instant detailer like this for best practices. That's why I suggested the body-shop safe versions.
    I quick detailed the truck this morning, and noticed that I had one waxing towel left so I applied another coat of wax to the hood and tailgate after the using the instant detailer.

Worked like a charm and that truck was popping!

Thank you for all of your help!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12