autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Steam cleaner under $100?

The vinyl and leather is difficult to
    clean in my cars. I heard it’s easier to clean with a steam cleaner. What steam cleaner do you recommend that’s around $100 or less? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam cleaner under $100?

Quote Originally Posted by rtraveler View Post
    clean in my cars. I heard it’s easier to clean with a steam cleaner. What steam cleaner do you recommend that’s around $100 or less? Thank you.
    There isn't one that I would recommend. If you want a steam cleaner, spend the money and get a good one. Chief Steamer makes a couple small units. Good products.

Light Duty Commercial Steamers Archives | Chief Steamer
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Normally I agree with Mikey. If you are going to do this professionally, bite the bullet and get a good one. If you are having difficulty cleaning vinyl and leather, in your personal vehicles, get better products

Post Thanks / Like

Visit your local discount outlet and pick up a cheap $20-$30 pump type steamer with attachments. I bought one to remove some really gunked on candy in some sliding seat tracks and it worked as expected. If your looking to invest in your first for long term use or business then this is not the option for you. Honestly speaking I only went this route because of all the hype around steam cleaning vs chemicals and mechanical cleaning and while to worked out I probably could have just mixed a few products and given it some elbow grease with the same results.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rtraveler View Post
    What your cleaning process? Vinyl and leather aren’t hard to clean, what are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

How do those handheld ones work? Like these:

Vapamore MR-75 Amico Handheld Steam Cleaner
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post

There isn't one that I would recommend. If you want a steam cleaner, spend the money and get a good one.

Chief Steamer makes a couple small units. Good products.

Light Duty Commercial Steamers Archives | Chief Steamer

I agree. The Chief Steamers are built like Tanks. They also come with really good and by the word "good" I mean functional attachments. One of the things that separates steamers is their attachments. Making steam is one thing, being able to use the steam is another and it is the attachments the enable you do work with the steam.

Also - we carry Chief Steamers on the AG Store. We don't carry the less expensive model Mike shares but we do carry 3 models.

Chief Steam Cleaners

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by IH8SPM View Post

Honestly speaking I only went this route because of all the hype around steam cleaning vs chemicals and mechanical cleaning and while to worked out I probably could have just mixed a few products and given it some elbow grease with the same results.
    I agree. There ares some SOLID benefits to using steam,

Clean via heat - heat does work better than no heat to both heat the stuff you want to remove as well as heat the surface of the whatever the stuff you want to remove is on.

Kills germs and sanitizes without chemicals.

Cleans without chemicals

Looks cool on Facebook and Instagram when someone holds the end of the wand and sprays steam into the air - like this,

And disclaimer - I took the above picture ON PURPOSE because I already know the psychology behind the power of an image and you have to admit - pictures like the above make steam cleaning look k0oL

You can find that picture in my review and how-to article on Chief Steamers. Back when I wrote the article the company was called Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners. AFTER I wrote my article they changed their name to Chief Steam Cleaners

Review and how-to: Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 2wookies View Post

What your cleaning process? Vinyl and leather aren’t hard to clean, what are you using?
    Agree. Lots of great cleaners available. I almost always MACHINE SCRUB everything and the power of a cordless drill with a brush or a cordless rotary buffer with a brush cannot be understated.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

How do those handheld ones work? Like these:

Vapamore MR-75 Amico Handheld Steam Cleaner

I've never used one before but because we sell them I could probably place an order for one, use it and write a review/how-to article if there is any real or substantial interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I've never used one before but because we sell them I could probably place an order for one, use it and write a review/how-to article if there is any real or substantial interest.

I would be interested. I just detail my own cars, including a minivan for our three children. A chemical-free, sanitary, method to clean the interior has my interest, and the price combined with the storage bag (would probably use 2x/year) seems like it would be a good fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast