autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

As a waterless carpros recommends 10-1 or 15-1 QD up to 25-1.

At 10-1 its still streaky on black. For me 15-1 to 20-1 is sweet spot.

I dont get too exact but i try for around 1.75 oz if i were to be exact.

Play around with it. Everyones enviroment (humidity, temperature) and LSP.

What ratio works for me in WA may not work for for KlasseAct (IL?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

I don't use Echo as a WW too much as I have ALOT of Mckee's N914 in stock and I prefer it as my go 2 WW.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys. After cleaning is finished, are there any products that will give a black ceramic coated car extra shine and depth?

What do you like using on ceramic coated wheels? I've done some forum searching and most seem to say they just use the same thing on the wheels that they use on paint (a PH neutral cleaner with water) but that doesn't seem to get all the brake dust on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    Thanks again guys. After cleaning is finished, are there any products that will give a black ceramic coated car extra shine and depth?

What do you like using on ceramic coated wheels? I've done some forum searching and most seem to say they just use the same thing on the wheels that they use on paint (a PH neutral cleaner with water) but that doesn't seem to get all the brake dust on my car.
    I would use Car Pro's Dlux on the wheels as I feel any coating that is used on paint is just too thin to take the beating that a wheel takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post

What coating is on the car and wheels? Anyway yes treat the wheels the same as paint for the most part. Every now and then chemically decon them. Wheels will more often then not need some sort of agitation to remove the dirt and grime. Wheel cleaners are not needed most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I would use Car Pro's Dlux on the wheels as I feel any coating that is used on paint is just too thin to take the beating that a wheel takes.
    Have you tried CQUK 3.0 on wheels at all? It works great as a wheel coating.

8. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    What coating is on the car and wheels? Anyway yes treat the wheels the same as paint for the most part. Every now and then chemically decon them. Wheels will more often then not need some sort of agitation to remove the dirt and grime. Wheel cleaners are not needed most of the time.

Have you tried CQUK 3.0 on wheels at all? It works great as a wheel coating.
    I have and it didn't seem to last as long as Dlux. Did it on two different cars. On one I did 3.0 on the front and Dlux on the rear. On the other car I did the opposite and on both cars the Dlux did much better with easier cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I have and it didn't seem to last as long as Dlux. Did it on two different cars. On one I did 3.0 on the front and Dlux on the rear. On the other car I did the opposite and on both cars the Dlux did much better with easier cleaning.
    I am finding the complete opposite of what you experienced. Goes to show how different environments also play a factor.

11. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Ech20. They recommend 1:5-1:15 diluting ratio but on a darker colored vehicle, 1:20 works better.

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do more people use Echo as a WW or a RWLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Do more people use Echo as a WW or a RWLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

It is primarily marketed as a waterless wash and I use it as such. It does good as a QD.

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast