autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

Hi all. I have a black ceramic coated car and it loves collecting dust and pollen. A week just sitting in the garage gives it a nice dusty top coat. I'm looking for a spray and wipe waterless washing solution that works well on ceramic coated cars to remove dust like this, without having to resort to a full water wash.

All I have tried so far is Chemical Guys Speed Wipe, but it leaves a filmy haze and streaks on the car no matter how much rubbing I do to try to remove it. I am assuming this is due to the ceramic coating because I tried the same Speed Wipe on another black car of mine that isn't ceramic coated and it worked just fine without hazing.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

Two choices...Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash or Mckee's N914, period. They leave nothing behind and flat out clean! I will say I've only used Mckee's N914 as a waterless and the Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash as a RW. You cant go wrong with either product but may I suggest pre-spraying each panel first to ensure the safest wash possible...ofcoarseLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored carsLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored carsLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

I’m still a fan of Ultima Waterless Wash Plus concentrate.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want to leave behind a polymer film over a ceramic coating..I would go with Echo2 which is SiO2. based. Because your ride is black I would increase the mixture from 1-20 to 1-30 or even more to prevent streaking.

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll buy a few products mentioned and see which one works best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you don't want to leave behind a polymer film over a ceramic coating..I would go with Echo2 which is SiO2. based. Because your ride is black I would increase the mixture from 1-20 to 1-30 or even more to prevent streaking.
    Another fine choice! I didn't mention it because some people with coated cars just want clean and NOTHING addedLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

8. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used griots speed shine with no ill effects on my black coated car. Mckee’s N-914 for rinseless.

I like Ech20 at 2oz and an 1 oz of any sio2 topper in a 32oz bottle. Cleans well and leaves a nice gloss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Klasse Act, bowler853 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I Echo the Echo2,but as mentioned make sure you dilute it out about1:20 or 30 or will see streaking on dark cars ( which depends on what ceramic coating is the base, some ceramics after cleaning tend to streak a bit more)
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    I Echo the Echo2,but as mentioned make sure you dilute it out about1:20 or 30 or will see streaking on dark cars ( which depends on what ceramic coating is the base, some ceramics after cleaning tend to streak a bit more)
    I see what you did there Mark Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars Its very true about Echo, needs to be dilted a bit more than you think because it's so concentrated Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

If it's not diluted enough you have to buff it but think of it at that point as spray wax which isn't a bad thing. FWIW I have Echo diluted with distilled water at 7:1 for a WW and it's too thick and needs buffing afterwards. Next time around I'm going 10:1. Now for RW duty I do 1 oz per 2 gallons and it works great way, there's really product like it if we're honestLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored carsLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored carsLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I see what you did there Mark Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars Its very true about Echo, needs to be dilted a bit more than you think because it's so concentrated Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

If it's not diluted enough you have to buff it but think of it at that point as spray wax which isn't a bad thing. FWIW I have Echo diluted with distilled water at 7:1 for a WW and it's too thick and needs buffing afterwards. Next time around I'm going 10:1. Now for RW duty I do 1 oz per 2 gallons and it works great way, there's really product like it if we're honestLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored carsLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored carsLooking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

IIRC the recommended ratio is 1:15 so at 1:10 your on the heavy side. On light colors it won't matter much.

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast