autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO Cleaner/Wax Users

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'm normally use the PBL Paint Coating and Surface Coating on our two SUVs. I'm going to switch my daily driver over to the Dr. Beasley's Z1 and see how that goes.

One and done.

Easier - MUCH easier to do any touch-up work - by this I mean, if I see some swirls all I have to do is buff with the AIO and I'm done. Any other process that requires more step - that's the downside - more steps.

For Joe and Joanne Consumer?

Most people and probably anyone that PAYS to have a ceramic coating put on their car do not have the knowledge, skill, ability nor the tools, products and pads to do any touch-up work to their coated car, that is remove some new or fresh defects and then do all the steps to prep and the re-coat the affected area.

With a product like Z1 and a simple Porter Cable - they can buff out their own car and do any future touch up. One and done.

Ease of touch-up work is useful for me. There's hard water where I live and once in awhile (usually in the summer) I'll find water spots that do not come off easily during a wash or with a quick detailer. I know from experience that in my situation I could mess with water spot removers or rub on the paint (possibly marring) and most likely won't remove all of them. OR I can take 15 min and whip out the polisher and AIO and in a few quick section passes they're usually gone, which I probably would have landed up doing anyways.

I can only assume these offending water spots are mild Type II water spots, and the light abrasives in the cleaner/wax are able to smooth them out.

3 - Types of Water Spots - Type I, Type II and Type III

2. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-vs-chevy.html

I came across this post the other day. I think it will give some insite in using an AIO and topping it.

Post Thanks / Like

AIO is also good for preserving your clear coat if you're just looking for a polish touch up and not a full polish. I use it once a year and always top with wax (Collinite and OCW weekly in my case).

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes DetailZeus liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the traditional approach - "a big spring detail then just wash & dry the rest of the year" - is that after a few months the paint finish will need a good cleaning and possibly some light polishing, as well. One-step AIO's provide the best time saving, cost effective interim solution until you're ready to spring for the next full detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Me Time View Post
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-vs-chevy.html

I came across this post the other day. I think it will give some insite in using an AIO and topping it.
    That before picture of the mustang looks rough; the water spots I see aren't half that bad! I know they had a group but that is a speedy turnaround.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obguam View Post
    The problem with the traditional approach - "a big spring detail then just wash & dry the rest of the year" - is that after a few months the paint finish will need a good cleaning and possibly some light polishing, as well. One-step AIO's provide the best time saving, cost effective interim solution until you're ready to spring for the next full detail.
    In most situations I find the paint washes up fine and I rarely have to polish out the whole vehicle more than once a year unless something really gets gooned up (like an unintentional wash at the dealer). However having the option to "spot correct" is nice, and I know I'd be wayyyy more inclined to do it if I can knock it out in one step vs polish/strip/recoat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12