autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Do you know the ratio?
    I have no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

The discussion of the Graphene being added to products reminds me of a similar trend. Back in the early 2000's wasn't "Poly Charger" a thing? I seem to remember seeing products being advertised as having it added in and I think you could even get the "poly charger" product seperate to add to you own products. I believe it was designed to add durability, but don't remember much about it now.

The whole Graphene trend may come and go the same way.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ironically the products that so far I've found work best on my car contain Polycharger. I use Ultima Acrylic waterless wash and Ultima Acrylic spray wax. Pretty tenacious products for my S. Fla car. I think ultimately it's because my go to soap Reset doesn't degrade them like other Si02 and polymer spray on products that fail prematurely for me.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    If it washes out of your towel it's a durability fail. If it permanently stains the towels it's also a fail.
    Skeptics always amuse me, as there is no burden of proof on your end.

I use the same Internet you do, and watched a video this morning with a chemist at 303. One of the questions was asked about the product washing out of the towel. And paraphrasing his response, “our product does not bond well with fabric...and during wipe off, there isn’t much product (graphene) being lifted off by the towel (microfiber)”.

So, should I just assume that he’s lying? I don’t know, it’s a neat looking product that costs 20 bucks. People probably laugh at Turtle Wax, yet aren’t aware that it’s one of the best valued auto care items you can buy. Products are continuously improving. These are the first releases of a new line by all these companies.

It was no coincidence that within a month, several companies debuted their graphene product line. The chemical became available for purchase , and they went to work whipping up stuff.
    It would be great to know what is exactly is in each one.

If anything, it holds promise.
    So instead of calling it hype, you could do your own testing. Like when I read comments, “they should do this and they should do that.”. Well, what’s stopping anyone of us from doing our own testing? But I get it, the Internet is full of negativity, and it’s just so easy to knock everything.

And there was no ill intention aimed towards you, but I read your comments repeatedly that you think it’s all hype.
    The YouTube reviewers, a few of them, definitely overhype the product.

Every product they review is just, “so easy and amazing!!!” 🤮

That I completely agree with.
    So your point was taken, this is my counterpoint.

303 Graphene

6. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to even try this product. I tried Hybrid solutions ceramic spray and the Wet Wax and both were miserable performing products for me. The ceramic spray gave no longevity. Probably because I wash with Carpro Reset and the Wet Wax streaked terribly. I'm not giving 303 a chance to steal my money. If true Graphene coatings in general aren't ready for prime then 303's watered down spray version most definitely won't satisfy me.

I agree with the statement that if anything it holds promise. But it's not there yet and this 303 product is aimed squarely at taking early adopters money.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

8. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Im sorry if I shouldnt post this and please delete the thread if need to (no offense).

I am posting it here cause AG carries 303 brand so Im expecting in the near future it will be available here...

But Im really curious about what you guys think about it, they say is Graphene Oxide with no SiO2 content on it and claims up to 1 yr durability with no cure time needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    You Tuber had the R+D Lab manager on and give a good explanation on their new product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    Skeptics always amuse me, as there is no burden of proof on your end.

I use the same Internet you do, and watched a video this morning with a chemist at 303. One of the questions was asked about the product washing out of the towel. And paraphrasing his response, “our product does not bond well with fabric...and during wipe off, there isn’t much product (graphene) being lifted off by the towel (microfiber)”.

So, should I just assume that he’s lying? I don’t know, it’s a neat looking product that costs 20 bucks. People probably laugh at Turtle Wax, yet aren’t aware that it’s one of the best valued auto care items you can buy. Products are continuously improving. These are the first releases of a new line by all these companies.

It was no coincidence that within a month, several companies debuted their graphene product line. The chemical became available for purchase , and they went to work whipping up stuff.
    It would be great to know what is exactly is in each one.

If anything, it holds promise.
    So instead of calling it hype, you could do your own testing. Like when I read comments, “they should do this and they should do that.”. Well, what’s stopping anyone of us from doing our own testing? But I get it, the Internet is full of negativity, and it’s just so easy to knock everything.

And there was no ill intention aimed towards you, but I read your comments repeatedly that you think it’s all hype.
    The YouTube reviewers, a few of them, definitely overhype the product.

Every product they review is just, “so easy and amazing!!!” ��

That I completely agree with.
    So your point was taken, this is my counterpoint.

303 Graphene
    Since SiO2 products have come out, manufactures have posted the amount of SiO2, same should be for the amount of Graphene as competition gets greater.

11. Likes Craig Encinitas, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene

Graphene has been around along while... nothing new just someone thought about it as an additive in a coating.

Was excited at first knowing a tiny something about graphene. With alot of the trusted names in the coating and detailing world speaking up or at least not releasing a graphene coating and the science they’ve used to debunk it..... yeah im gonna throw graphene in general in the hype bucket.

Doesn’t mean there not good base products to start out with.... just seems adding graphene doesn’t do much for the product.... just buzzy.

All the major OTC companies jumping on.... don’t worry Turtle wax’s graphene product on the way. When going through some of their SDS’s i saw one for a graphene wax product.

With Gyeon, Car pro’s, opti coat, Polish Angel, Kamikaze, 22ple, Fenylab, Ammo and other quality manufacturers not jumping into graphene when so easily accessible. I’m thinking its just not beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, dennis b liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Graphene has been around along while... nothing new just someone thought about it as an additive in a coating.

Was excited at first knowing a tiny something about graphene. With alot of the trusted names in the coating and detailing world speaking up or at least not releasing a graphene coating and the science they’ve used to debunk it..... yeah im gonna throw graphene in general in the hype bucket.

Doesn’t mean there not good base products to start out with.... just seems adding graphene doesn’t do much for the product.... just buzzy.

All the major OTC companies jumping on.... don’t worry Turtle wax’s graphene product on the way. When going through some of their SDS’s i saw one for a graphene wax product.

With Gyeon, Car pro’s, opti coat, Polish Angel, Kamikaze, 22ple, Fenylab, Ammo and other quality manufacturers not jumping into graphene when so easily accessible. I’m thinking its just not beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In time Graphene coatings may become bullet proof. I did say "may", until then I'm with you.

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

people wouldnt be on a detailing website if they didnt like cleaning and waxing cars. i dont want anything to last 1 year or more even if it could. i like to clean cars and make them shine. some guys will put on a new house addition that will take months and when there done they feel good about themselfs at what they done . i feel the same way when i make my car glow and that only takes a few hours. you can have water beading , and protection but i like the look that a fresh coat of wax makes on my car.

17. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast