autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 303 Graphene

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Huh, 1001 years? How many new products have have been introduced since early 2019, Can you even count them all? Just Meguiares alone has introduced at least five and that's just one company. Wolgang grew by three or four. DP came out of nowhere with at least four or five Si02 coatings. If I tried everything new that came out in the last two years I'd be two thousand dollars poorer and for the most part disappointed with the results. IMO in just two years, twenty years worth of products have been released. All these new product are nothing more that a money grab.

It's not the typo it's the B.S.hype. Guaranteed 303 doesn't last a month even under idea conditions.

Look at Chicago Auto Pro's video. 3 of the 4 failed on the first wash and the 303 wasn't far behind. That's real world results with all these new products.

At least I haven't fallen for the BS since early 2019.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating vs Ceramic Coatings - YouTube
    I watched the CHICAGO BROS video and he demonstrated the 303 Products Graphene outlasted them all after many washes and several harsh chemicals. It never had water rinsing go flat like the others. In fact, he said it was much better than his regular Go To top coat product.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    ***Subscribed***

Interesting to read all the comments so far.

Please share links to all the substantial reviews in this thread, especially from the "influencers".

I know for myself, I'd like to see what everyone else is saying.

I actually want to hear your opinion more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Well one of the components in Elixir is Reload. In the video Reload failed on the first wash. I've never used Elixir but I imagine it would offer protection if you apply weekly, every time you wash. 303 is probably a little better durability wise than Elixir. 303 made it through the first wash. It took an application of APC to kill it.

The big problem will Elixir is that it's expensive. Your wallet will take a hit if you use it weekly.
    I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but I had a surprisingly good experience with Elixr and the protection it adds compared to what others have said about Reload.

Short version of the story: Applied Elixr to bare panels of a vehicle which was also coated with CQuartz UK. After three weeks of daily driver duty and being parked outside in all manner of weather conditions in September, it was still beading up like the rest of the car wearing CQuartz. I was quite surprised. It was still going after being washed. Never expected that from the product, nor did I apply it looking for any meaningful protection.

OK. Back to the graphene discussion.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Me, too! The video was transparent as the test was done on film in real time without bias. I tried to buy some today but the website said it sold out in 24 hours. And CHICAGO code was offered in order to save five bucks (25%). I am on the waiting list for when it is available again. I like 303 protectant and hope this stuff will be good, too.

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kw7351 View Post
    I watched the CHICAGO BROS video and he demonstrated the 303 Products Graphene outlasted them all after many washes and several harsh chemicals. It never had water rinsing go flat like the others. In fact, he said it was much better than his regular Go To top coat product.
    So here's why I think this product is a meh. Graphene's are touted as being the future. 303 claims one year durability. I think it's grossly overstated. Making it through two washes and failing on the second application of chemicals (it made it through the D101 and looked mortally wounded after the Sonax wheel cleaner) is no better than any polymer that's been on the market for twenty years already or any Si02 spray on product that's been on the market for the last five years.

Even the Acrylic cocktail I use (40 year old technology, post #14) resists one application of APC. I spray Multi-x 10:1 on the center of my hood where the twin turbochargers super heat the hood and create water spots before I wash the car. The paint still beads after the application but the Acrylic cocktail doesn't have a chance of lasting a year. At best it goes a month before it sheets slowly and needs reapplication.

303 didn't reduce surface temp in the Chicago Auto Pro's video and last but not least it's going to ruin all your pricey microfiber towels. If it washes out of your towel it's a durability fail. If it permanently stains the towels it's also a fail.

Seems to me this product is just full of hype for the big box store market.

Honestly I really don't even have a beef with this product. It's just a blip on the radar that will disappear as fast as it appeared, just like the Si02 spray 303 introduced six or eight months ago. Who even talks about or uses that product?

Big box store hype for big box store customers.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

7. Likes BurnsDetailing, tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Same sentiment here. I reached out to a certain name brand graphene coating to become an authorized installer for them, they called, we talked, said they would send me info and a free sample to try out on a panel. That was the last time I heard from them, nothing ever came and I took that as a sign. Given durability has been a huge concern with graphene, I'm glad I held out.

9. Likes dennis b, tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read most of these products are just mixing powdered graphene in a ceramic type sealant or lite coating. You can buy powdered graphene and do the same thing.

11. Likes PaulMys, KBsToy, Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have an order placed for this, they completely have run out of the stock they had.

13. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Graphene is a wonderful product. However, I believe at this point the chemical technology/chemistry technology has not caught up. What's going on now is there is there isn't a way to cross-link it to itself in an effective manor, so it's being added or incorporated in to something to bond to something else. It's going to be years (in my opinion) before the real true use of graphene will be truly viable. Until then it's hype in my opinion. I relate this to the Createx paint brand that I use for airbrushing. 2013 they had a reducer that made their water-based paints act more closely to urethanes. Fast forward 7 years, they have a water-borne aliphatic clear coat that is buffable like an automotive clear coat. I'm not refuting the technology, but the chemistry has to be right before it should be unleashed on the mass market to match the claims.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

15. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    From what I've read most of these products are just mixing powdered graphene in a ceramic type sealant or lite coating. You can buy powdered graphene and do the same thing.
    Do you know the ratio?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast