autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Over WDGPS

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    I am a big fan of WGDPS and am ready to apply it before winter. I’ll wash to strip and then apply 2 coats of WDGPS via machine...not a full detail at this time as paint still looks good from the spring.

Am thinking about applying the Wolfgang spray ceramic coating over the WDGPS to engage de protection over the winter. Is this advisable? Have you done this and what is your experience? Maybe I Am overdoing it —- should I apply just the spray coating to the paint and forego the WDGPS?

Thanks.
    It probably wouldn't matter. It is winter so you are going to have to touch up in the spring. I say go for it especially if you want to try a new to you product. Sometimes experimenting leads to winning combinations.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Dmiglio knows his stuff. There’s different ‘levels’ of toppers that could be used with WG Ceramic Spray Coating (CSC). Attempting to list them from most substantial to lightest:
    WG Uber SiO2 Silica Spray
    WG PROFI Booster
    WG SiO2 Maintenance Wash (not a topper but leaves a lot behind)
    WG PROFI Detailer Spray
    WG SiO2 Waterless Wash

Also I would not personally hesitate to top WG CSC with itself every month or two.

If looking for bare minimum protection drying aid after every wash, SiO2 Waterless Wash or PROFI Detail Spray both seem good for that.
    Thanks much for this info. Good options to get through winter. How does the WG SI02 silica spray differ from the coating? Is it like reload that has a lower amount of Si02 but helps energize the base layer?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks guys for the prompt feedback and insight. Your help is appreciated! I am going to wash with purple power and wipe down with eraser or poor boys to get the paint ready and then apply the spray coating. I’ll get ready with the toppers (based on the list above) and recharge it in December before it really gets cold here in St. Louis and then wait for that one crazy warm day we usually get once every six weeks or so in the winter months to do another spray-on. I’ll let you know how it does compared to the WDGPS normal routine!!!

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks guys for the prompt feedback and insight. Your help is appreciated! I am going to wash with purple power and wipe down with eraser or poor boys to get the paint ready and then apply the spray coating. I’ll get ready with the toppers (based on the list above) and recharge it in December before it really gets cold here in St. Louis and then wait for that one crazy warm day we usually get once every six weeks or so in the winter months to do another spray-on. I’ll let you know how it does compared to the WDGPS normal routine!!!
    This sounds like a great plan!

Looking forward to the finished products and further thoughts as it goes through winter
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks much for this info. Good options to get through winter. How does the WG SI02 silica spray differ from the coating? Is it like reload that has a lower amount of Si02 but helps energize the base layer?
    WG SiO2 Silica Spray is comparable to Reload, yes. Just as you mention. Use very sparingly though because it can otherwise be streaky... my experience is from BF and Pinnacle version SiO2 spray sealants, but I think WG is very close to Pinnacle. It has great up front properties but starts to fade at 1-2 months. Therefore it’s great as a topper but IMO it should be reapplied monthly if using as standalone.

Even though I mentioned above that WG CSC could also be applied every month or two, it’s not required as this should last much longer. But I haven’t seen it undergo a winter salt onslaught.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12