autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Products like Gyeon can coat

What products are like Gyeon Can Coat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products like Gyeon can coat

From a coating lite perspective Cquartz Lite and Gyeon One. Different application as these are applied in the more traditional coating application.

3. Likes tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Coating is not like can coat or CQL but it is a step above a SiO2 Spray

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    I believe Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Coating is not like can coat or CQL but it is a step above a SiO2 Spray

Tac systems moonlight and Fenylab ceramic lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Craig Encinitas, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With the infusion of SiO2 in all sorts of products, the widspread use of the term "coating", and even product application methods blurring the boundaries, I think we're to a point where we simply need to develop an LSP durability spectrum and totally throw the names out the window. I'd put beauty waxes at the short end of the spectrum and coatings like CQuartz UK, Gyeon One, and Gtechnik CSL at the far end in the 3-ish range.

CanCoat is one of the products I'd safely call a coating and if we put it on the spectrum I mention above I'd put it towards the high end of durability. I think the product descriptions all state around 6 months of durability, but right now with plenty of care to keep it clean and routine applications of CURE and CarPro Elixr, I'm safely approaching 12 months. I'll be removing it in a couple weeks, but not because it isn't protecting...or appearing to protect any longer.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Products like Gyeon can coat

Does siO2 content percentage directly correlate to product longevity, or is it the bonding agents in the fluid?

Example:

TACsystem Moonlight 25% siO2 is rated up to nine months. While their 60% siO2 entry level “true” coating (in the standard size glass vial) is up to one year.

25% rated 9 months
    60% rated 12 months

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    Does siO2 content percentage directly correlate to product longevity, or is it the bonding agents in the fluid?

Example:

TACsystem Moonlight 25% siO2 is rated up to nine months. While their 60% siO2 entry level “true” coating (in the standard size glass vial) is up to one year.

25% rated 9 months
    60% rated 12 months
    Great question, following for more info Products like Gyeon can coat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post

Example:

25% rated 9 months
    60% rated 12 months
    Definitely not a direct or linear correlation. I think it has a lot to do with solvents/carriers for bonding agents (thank you WillSports3).

But I think one can assume that true coatings which do last a long time have a large SiO2 percentage, and coating lites which last less time buy still a long time have a lot but less than true coatings. Hence the TAC example, similar to Gyeon and I’m sure CarPro too (not sure what CarPro Lite has though).

So long lasting generally have quite a large percentage; but there’s plenty with high percentage that don’t last as long... like Polish Angel which don’t last too long but have great water behavior.

11. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Definitely not a direct or linear correlation. I think it has a lot to do with solvents/carriers for bonding agents (thank you WillSports3).

But I think one can assume that true coatings which do last a long time have a large SiO2 percentage, and coating lites which last less time buy still a long time have a lot but less than true coatings. Hence the TAC example, similar to Gyeon and I’m sure CarPro too (not sure what CarPro Lite has though).

So long lasting generally have quite a large percentage; but there’s plenty with high percentage that don’t last as long... like Polish Angel which don’t last too long but have great water behavior.
    Nice explanation

CQL has 45% of combine product of SiO2 and TiO2

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post