autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot’s 3-1 Topper/Maintenance

Hey guys, wondering what a good topper would be for the Griot’s 3-1? I have BM but it collected to much dust for me. Would Best of Show Spray Wax hurt the longevity? I just don’t like the idea of spraying it down with 3-1 after every wash. Thanks in advance fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot’s 3-1 Topper/Maintenance

Yet to use the product myself as I have too many others to try/use up, but fully intend to get around to it.

Maybe grab another spray bottle and dilute it 50/50 with distilled water and use as a drying aid or detailer?
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

3. Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still need to do a lot more tests with Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax including toppers. I have a door on the test car approaching 8 months of durability protected with two coats of Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax that is still trucking along without toppers, just routine washes. Really strong performance up to about 4 months before it began to start dropping off slightly towards the top section of the door, but some strong performance still remains beneath it the last time I washed it at 7 months.

I would be tempted to use something lighter on top of it for maintenance, like Speed Shine or Best of Show Detailer. At least on this car, it's proven it can hold up very strong with two coats for me, so I would start off with something light like Speed Shine just to keep up on the slickness and clean up some water spotting and then go with another coat of Ceramic 3-in-1 after 3 months and cycle that combo until the next polishing session.

5. Thanks PaulMys, oneheadlite, abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I still need to do a lot more tests with Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax including toppers. I have a door on the test car approaching 8 months of durability protected with two coats of Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax that is still trucking along without toppers, just routine washes. Really strong performance up to about 4 months before it began to start dropping off slightly towards the top section of the door, but some strong performance still remains beneath it the last time I washed it at 7 months.

I would be tempted to use something lighter on top of it for maintenance, like Speed Shine or Best of Show Detailer. At least on this car, it's proven it can hold up very strong with two coats for me, so I would start off with something light like Speed Shine just to keep up on the slickness and clean up some water spotting and then go with another coat of Ceramic 3-in-1 after 3 months and cycle that combo until the next polishing session.
    Great info, Loach.

Did you apply it to bare paint?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Thanks Loach thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Great info, Loach.

Did you apply it to bare paint?
    Thanks Paul! Yes fully bare paint, prepped with Jescar Correcting Compound and Griot's Perfecting Cream, with Prep-All panel wipe. Second coat of Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax was applied 4 days after the first coat after a wash with CarPro Reset. This Griot's is a stout performer, the most impressive in longevity in my tests compared to what I've seen out of Meguiar's HCW, Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions, and Mothers CMX options.

9. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul! Yes fully bare paint, prepped with Jescar Correcting Compound and Griot's Perfecting Cream, with Prep-All panel wipe. Second coat of Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax was applied 4 days after the first coat after a wash with CarPro Reset. This Griot's is a stout performer, the most impressive in longevity in my tests compared to what I've seen out of Meguiar's HCW, Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions, and Mothers CMX options.
    This is excellent info, my man.

Exactly the review I needed to pull the trigger on this product.

Have you used (tested) this as a topper for anything?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping I’d hear your opinion as I follow all your videos on YouTube. I’m a big Griot’s fan but seeing the performance you have gotten out of it in the Florida heat/sun is why I bought it. Our conditions are pretty harsh out here in west Texas also. I think I’ll throw on one more coat this weekend and go with the Speed Shine. Surely this will get me through our mild winters. Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abileneautoworx View Post
    Hey guys, wondering what a good topper would be for the Griot’s 3-1? I have BM but it collected to much dust for me. Would Best of Show Spray Wax hurt the longevity? I just don’t like the idea of spraying it down with 3-1 after every wash. Thanks in advance fellas!

Elixer or Adams Cs3. Maintenance ceramic products.

Better yet get some Car Pros Ech20 (waterless washand mix 2oz with 2oz of The Griots 3-1 to create your own maintenance spray. I haven’t done it with 3-1 yet but works greAt with Reload and Clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice ideo, you think because 3 in 1 has carnauba on it there could be any issue doing this detail spray? I dont think so but just asking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's hybrid ceramic detailer works great and is readily available.

I make my own waterless wash/QD/drying aid/clay lube with 1.5 oz of the ceramic detailer, .25 oz of N914, and 30 oz of water.

16. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast