autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Complete Polish

Is this polish suitable to be used in conjuntion with a DA? I was wanting to find some Griot's correcting creme, but since I had already place 2 order's here in 2 weeks, I picked up a bottle of Complete Polish. I popped the lid and used a drop or two on outside of my laptop and it seems to dry real quick. Seems like working times will be short. I was just planning to use on a car with less than 100 miles on it to shine up a tad after claying it. Any recommendations?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Complete Polish

I’ve used it as well as Complete Compound. It does what it says. Removes light swirls and polishes the paint.

Perhaps use it with a black griots finishing pad with two or three section passes and it’ll shine things up nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Works great with an light cutting pad or polishing pad on a DA.

Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about any polish sold here on AGO has great abrasive technology.

Griot's is no exception.

The thing is, you have to do testing with different pads, products, machine(s), and your own techniques to find out what works best for you and your paint.

There is no one product (polish in your case) that is the "magic bullet" for every case.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all very much for the info and advice. I have polished many cars in past, but used Menzerna SIP followed up by a finer Menzerna product whose name escapes me now. Good to know the Griot's complete polish will do the job on fine scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great write up. Thanks for the link.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Complete Polish and Complete Compound came out a while back to replace their old Machine Polish 1-4 system. Given that timeline, they were made to be used with the 8mm GG6 or by hand.

When the BOSS creams came out, those were designed with a long throw in mind. From looking through the Q&A section on their website, I swear I remember seeing that it's only the 15/21mm machines where they don't recommend the Complete Compound/Polish.

I've used the Complete Compound, and it was a dream compared to the old Machine Polishes. I've been using the BOSS creams since then, but I don't remember the Complete Compound being a Sub-Par experience in comparison.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I think Complete Polish and Complete Compound came out a while back to replace their old Machine Polish 1-4 system. Given that timeline, they were made to be used with the 8mm GG6 or by hand.

When the BOSS creams came out, those were designed with a long throw in mind. From looking through the Q&A section on their website, I swear I remember seeing that it's only the 15/21mm machines where they don't recommend the Complete Compound/Polish.

I've used the Complete Compound, and it was a dream compared to the old Machine Polishes. I've been using the BOSS creams since then, but I don't remember the Complete Compound being a Sub-Par experience in comparison.

Hope this helps.

Yes I have a flex and a 5yr or so old Griots da polisher. I plan to use with the Griot's polisher and limit the passes to probably 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you say limit the number of passes to 3? If you're doing such a short cycle you may need to use polishes with SMAT and not DAT because with just 3 passes the diminishing abrasives probably won't even break down to their finishing state.

I've only used the Boss creams and I know those are SMAT, not sure about the Complete Polish.
    Bruno Soares

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast