Quote Originally Posted by JamesWithASubie View Post
Thank you to everyone for the replies, the information you guys are giving me is awesome! @98CayenneT thank you for that write up and pictures, makes sense what you and @Sizzle Chest are saying.

I'm leaning towards the Pinnacle Swirl Removal Combo with an Orange Pad for the swirl removal and a blue pad for the finishing polish. That or the Wolfgang Swirl combo with same pads.

They Hyperpolish is intriguing, is that basically an AIO or would I need other product with that?

Also, is chemical decontamination something I should be doing prior to clay bar? It seems there's a lot of mixed opinions on that.
I would opt for the Sonax duo of Cut Max and EX 04-06. That way you have a compound if you do need it or if you need to spot correct. Pinnacle was alright but Sonax is much better in my experience. Hyper Polish is a nice finishing polish. Only thing I don't like is the spray delivery system as it gets every besides the pad. I can live with the staining of the pads from the dye in the product.

1. Wash (Meguiars Hyper wash) - This is fine.
2. Clay Bar (Mothers Cali Gold) - Consider a clay mitt. I like the Griot's yellow clay mitt. Friend of mine has a review on the blackfire mitt Review: BLACKFIRE Clay Mitt
3. Compound - Sonax Cut Max. May not be needed but good to have on hand
4. Finish- Sonax EX 04-06
5. Ceramic coat prep - CarPro Eraser or Optimum Paint Prep
6. Ceramic coating - This is where it gets tricky. I will give you a few options and you will have to make the decision on which to use

I am about to bombard you with a lot of information based on my experience with coatings. I will let you digest it and give you some research homework to do.

Coating Lite: You get the performance of a coating but lacks the longevity. With proper maintenance they perform just as a good as a full blown coating. Can't go wrong with either of these two. I give the ease of application to CanCoat and the durability and performance to Lite.

Gyeon CanCoat
Cquartz Lite - Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Coating (Full):

Cquartz UK 3.0 - This is a great option if you were to ask me. String performer. Takes a bit of practice after a panel or two to get the flash time right. Top it with Gliss for added slickness, gloss and some anti-water spotting properties. I have kind of settled with this and Cquartz TiO2 as my two options. The Cquarts UK topped with TiO2 is one of the nicest combos to play with.

GTechniq Crystal Serum Light + Exo - These two are some of the easiest to work with. Slickness is pretty darn good for a coating. Only thing I did not like is the performance of CSL as a stand alone. Needs Exo to add any sort of excitement.

Gyeon Synchro - Like Gtechniq the ease of use is there but the overall performance is not so great with Skin losing its amazing hydrophobic behavior after a 6 months. Skin is the selling point of this product. I would skip this combo.

Adams Ceramic Paint Coating - I have to give to Adams for getting this version pretty close to the competition of the big names. Probably one of the easiest to work with.

Optimum Gloss Coat - Super easy to apply but lack luster durability. I would not bother with this.

22ple Insanity - I really enjoyed the application of it. May not have the tightest water beading but it has some of the nicest gloss and so user friendly. Was not as slick as 22ple hyped it to be but I will let it slide. Seems to perform pretty well in the few months I have had it on my dad's car.

You can always hop on the graphene hype train lol. Let me check my bottle of Jade Ice and if it is still good I can send it over to use. I used it once on my current coating test which you can find on this forum. Jade Ice is pretty user friendly as well.

Perhaps give one of the Autogeek brand coatings a shot like Blackfire or Wolfgang.