autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like

    stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    Im in Seattle and was in chinatown area and parked in this wide area and parked in the corner. I drive a x3 bmw 2019 and same car pulls up next to me and literally one feet away. Theres 4 asian girls in the car (well in korean guy which is irrelevant but asian female drivers are known to be sometimes bad and this confirms it) i should have pulled window down and tell them they parked too close but thought they would move. But stupid girl in back seat just opens the door (somewhat gently) and then i roll the window down and they proceed to repark and don’t say sorry. Its night and checked to see any dings and dont seem to see it and still no apology. They repark and i was talking to my gf video chatting at the time and had to tell her ill call back cause i was cussing 🤬 . By the time these girls are leaving but the owner comes back to check her lock or something and i said “you guys need to be more careful” . She just says sorry and i only said that cause i don’t think there’s a ding . Just upset these girls are so dumb and no respect for property. They thought it must have been cool or cute parking next to me with same car and color.
    By the way i saw 911 student driver sticker which explains this but still.
    Anyways back to my real questions i have
    1) i am pretty certain there is no door ding since we were close to each other and the door was not like slammed or anything and wondering if door openings next to another car doesn’t always result in door dings? I do have those auto lights that can show blemishes which i will check but going through my hand etc didnt or feel
    2) if door ding happened do i get insurance or just let it go. But i dont see a ding
    Anyways if there is way to find out if i do have a ding please chime in how to spot it

    And i'm asian so i can say this but kind of funny I probally got a ding from someone named ding. lol

  2. Dislikes vobro disliked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member VISITOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    bad (and careless) drivers & people come in all ethnicities and genders. sometimes the more cautious you try to be, it seems like your more of a target. kinda like parking your car way out where no one else is and then out of the hundred parking spaces available, someone decides to park right next to you. if i park where other cars are around, I do a walk around and check for any damage before leaving. you just never know what to expect in this day and age...

  4. #3
    Senior Member Bill D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    I parked far away and saw a new BMW X5 also parked far away. When I returned I saw this huge pickup truck which had obviously been mudding parked super close to the BMW. I was appalled but glad it wasn't parked next to me!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

  5. #4
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    20,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Im in Seattle and was in chinatown area
    and parked in this wide area and parked
    in the corner. I drive a x3 bmw 2019 and
    same car pulls up next to me and literally
    one feet away.

    Theres 4 asian girls in the car (well in
    korean guy which is irrelevant but asian
    female drivers are known to be sometimes
    bad and this confirms it
    )


    i should have pulled window down and tell them
    they parked too close but thought they would move.
    But stupid girl in back seat just opens the door
    (somewhat gently) and then i roll the window down
    and they proceed to repark and don’t say sorry.

    Its night and checked to see any dings and dont
    seem to see it and still no apology. They repark
    and i was talking to my gf video chatting at the
    time and had to tell her ill call back cause i was
    cussing �� .

    By the time these girls are leaving but the owner
    comes back to check her lock or something and i
    said “you guys need to be more careful” . She
    just says sorry and i only said that cause i don’t
    think there’s a ding .

    Just upset these girls are so dumb and no respect
    for property. They thought it must have been cool
    or cute parking next to me with same car and color.
    By the way i saw 911 student driver sticker which
    explains this but still.

    Anyways back to my real questions i have
    1) i am pretty certain there is no door ding
    since we were close to each other and the
    door was not like slammed or anything and
    wondering if door openings next to another
    car doesn’t always result in door dings?
    I do have those auto lights that can show
    blemishes which i will check but going through
    my hand etc didnt or feel
    2) if door ding happened do i get insurance or
    just let it go. But i dont see a ding

    Anyways if there is way to find out if i do have a
    ding please chime in how to spot it

    And i'm asian so i can say this but kind of funny
    I probally got a ding from someone named ding. lol
    •Thanks for sharing your intimate knowledge
    of Asian girls’ abilities, (or lack thereof), when
    it comes to their operation of motor vehicles.

    •Now that I’m armed with this information;
    and, if I‘m ever faced with a similar situation
    as you’ve described above; I know I must
    immediately move my vehicle away from
    the “danger-zone”:
    The same thing you should’ve done, IMO.
    (But I digress.)


    •As to the matter of dings:
    1.) If no dings can be seen or felt, I’d just let it go—
    and chalk it up to being lucky this time around.
    2.) If dings can be seen or felt, there are people that
    are experts at ding/dent removal known as Paintless
    Dent Repairpersons (PDRs). The dealership you bought
    your vehicle from should know some of the best PDRs
    in your area.
    -And unless you want your rates to go up: Keep the
    insurance company out of it.



    Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

  6. Likes PaulMys, BSoares, Thomkirby liked this post
  7. #5
    Member Epilogts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    I have a set of door sized magnets that I painted with color matched paint that I keep in the trunk with a bottle of QD spray for this exact reason. If I’m parking in a sports arena or someplace when I expect people not to be giving a sh-t I hit the door with QD and slap my magnets on the doors... problem solved from MOST morons.

  8. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
  9. #6
    Senior Member Bill D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    I once had magnet strips made to stop dings. The problem was they marred the paint. I threw them out.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

  10. #7
    Senior Member 57Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?


  11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    This seems like a good time to point out a good habit: Snap a picture of their license plate - ALWAYS.

    I learned the value of this recently. Someone came to my door saying they had hit my property. I went with them to take a look and they showed me some damage. It was minor and had previously been damaged. I told them not to worry about it.

    The next day, I found what they had really hit. $1000 of damage.

    Turns out it was that a neighbor had seen them do the damage and they were putting on a show coming to my door. Conned us both.

  13. #9
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    This seems like a good time to point out a good habit: Snap a picture of their license plate - ALWAYS.

    I learned the value of this recently. Someone came to my door saying they had hit my property. I went with them to take a look and they showed me some damage. It was minor and had previously been damaged. I told them not to worry about it.

    The next day, I found what they had really hit. $1000 of damage.

    Turns out it was that a neighbor had seen them do the damage and they were putting on a show coming to my door. Conned us both.
    I've read this 3 times and still I am confused.

    What property?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  14. #10
    Member Epilogts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: stupid girls and maybe car dings?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I once had magnet strips made to stop dings. The problem was they marred the paint. I threw them out.
    Yeah, it takes a little effort. You need to keep the magnets clean and then use the QD to clean the surface first and not drag the magnet once you “apply” it. But if you take these simple precautions, it’s easy and worth while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Clear coats and dings
    By bradleyheathhays in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2019, 02:47 PM
  2. How to get rid of these dings from bmw seat
    By animescreen in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2019, 07:46 PM
  3. repetitive door dings/scratches
    By aalbs in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM
  4. How to prevent door dings
    By Dubbin1 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 12:31 PM
  5. getting wax out of paint chips, dings, etc
    By 4pbears in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 06:02 PM

Members who have read this thread: 90

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» October 2020

S M T W T F S
27282930 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31