autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Water activated Spray sealants

Hello folks,

I have Klasse twins applied to the car. I perform rinseless washes with Wolfgang Uber once in 2 weeks and spray on Klasse Act's Frankendetailer (1oz sealant - 3 oz rinseless wash in a gallon of water). So far, it seems to be working out. I could be wrong but the car does attract a lot of dust, otherwise seems fine.

I am prepping for winter. Since I can't function outside in cold, I must be done with all detailing by the end of Oct.

I have been looking water activated spray sealants to top off Klasse twins I have on the car. I found, there is 303 Sealant and Prima Hydro Seal Paint Sealant. Is there anything else that I have not noticed? What experiences folks have with these, with regards to durability?

Thanks in advance.

2. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water activated Spray sealants

Quote Originally Posted by SixZee View Post
    Hello folks,

I have Klasse twins applied to the car. I perform rinseless washes with Wolfgang Uber once in 2 weeks and spray on Klasse Act's Frankendetailer (1oz sealant - 3 oz rinseless wash in a gallon of water). So far, it seems to be working out. I could be wrong but the car does attract a lot of dust, otherwise seems fine.

I am prepping for winter. Since I can't function outside in cold, I must be done with all detailing by the end of Oct.

I have been looking water activated spray sealants to top off Klasse twins I have on the car. I found, there is 303 Sealant and Prima Hydro Seal Paint Sealant. Is there anything else that I have not noticed? What experiences folks have with these, with regards to durability?

Thanks in advance.
    McKees makes a Hydro spray on and so does Car Pro's Hydro2o.

4. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used one of these products on the normal painted surfaces, but I've used DP's Hydro Wet Seal on my wheels. It seems to last about two weeks on my wheels depending on weather and how much I've used them. I think the real key to the water activated sealants is their ease of use and not the durability.

The Klasse twins should easily get you six months of durability. If you're worried about making it through the winter I'd hit the car with a more durable spray paint sealant or throw another coat of Klasse SG on it some time in October.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Daviddear30, DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Fire Hydroseal. Seems to be good stuff and BOGO at AG right bow

BLACKFIRE HydroSeal, paint coating, spray-on coating, sio2 spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Black Fire Hydroseal. Seems to be good stuff and BOGO at AG right bow

BLACKFIRE HydroSeal, paint coating, spray-on coating, sio2 spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my take, with a spray and rinse product you still have to dry the car. So you are really washing, rinsing spraying and drying. It's really no more effort to wash, rinse, dry and then use a spray and wipe sealant. I don't really see any time savings, just different steps.

12. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Here's my take, with a spray and rinse product you still have to dry the car. So you are really washing, rinsing spraying and drying. It's really no more effort to wash, rinse, dry and then use a spray and wipe sealant. I don't really see any time savings, just different steps.
    I normally take the same stance as you with these types of products, it’s an added step in a way and doesn’t really seem to speed up the overall process. Great for wheels though as they quickly seal up all the nooks and crannies and keep things pretty clean for a month or two.

I’m assuming most of us will use a drying aid or maybe blow the water off if we have, A)some form of LSP we’re looking to boost and is B) hydrophobic enough to either “flood dry” the car or blow it off.

There is one caveat to them though and I’m glad I brought my Gyeon WetCoat with me today. I was working on a minivan that had ZERO protection and of course that equals large pools of water that stick to the surface, horizontal and even vertical.

I needed to speed up the overall process because time is money and trying to dry this much water is a waste of time! Out came the WetCoat and created a slick, hydrophobic protected surface! There was now about a third of the amount of water to dry and all it took was about 5 minutes.

This is the 2 birds 1 stone method I like about products like this, they speed up the wash and wax express details. Especially for a first time customer where there is no LSP to aid us in drying the vehicle.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

14. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks,

I have Klasse twins applied to the car.

I have been looking water activated spray sealants to top off Klasse twins I have on the car. Is there anything else that I have not noticed? What experiences folks have with these, with regards to durability?

Thanks in advance.
    Hey SixZee, the Klasse Twins are quite durable, have you used them through a winter yet? How’d they hold up?

To answer your questions though, as has been pointed out they’re more for ease of use and not durability. Most companies say 3 months, but I don’t think I’ve gotten over 6 weeks before the sheeting was all but gone. Nice tight beading is generally gone by a months time.

My concern would be their ability to bond to Klasse. It’s my understanding that most Si02 products and these water activated ones not withstanding, require a more bare/naked surface or to be applied on top of “like products” aka other Si02 products.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

16. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Hey SixZee, the Klasse Twins are quite durable, have you used them through a winter yet? How’d they hold up?
    Yes, I have. This is my second winter. I didn't wash the car at all last winter so I have no idea how long it did the job, but when I washed in May, it was pretty much gone. Maybe it was my technique or prep that was not optimal.
    So this year, I read a lot, took advice from Klasse Act, and applied again. I plan to be more diligent this year and try to wash (at least hose it down) at least once a month if not more. Due to my Reynaud's, I just can not function outside very well in the bitter cold. And thats the reason I am looking for such short cuts for the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have. This is my second winter. I didn't wash the car at all last winter so I have no idea how long it did the job, but when I washed in May, it was pretty much gone. Maybe it was my technique or prep that was not optimal.
    So this year, I read a lot, took advice from Klasse Act, and applied again. I plan to be more diligent this year and try to wash (at least hose it down) at least once a month if not more. Due to my Reynaud's, I just can not function outside very well in the bitter cold. And thats the reason I am looking for such short cuts for the winter.
    Is running the car through a touch-screen every 2 weeks an optionWater activated Spray sealants When you say you went through an entire winter without washing it at all could explain why it was gone by May, I mean your talking a half a year at that point.

Because of your condition outside washing isn't an option during the winter but a touch free every other week or so should be enough to remove the salt/muck from your cars paint and thus helping along the durability of KSG. Others have suggested, along with myself, to get as many layers as possible on before the weather gets too cold and this helps ALOTWater activated Spray sealants

There's nothing wrong with the spray on, hose off products but it needs to be about 60 degrees minimum to apply these or it could get messy. Do you have an option to rent a garage spot hourly in the winter to give it a good wash and apply FD to the car?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

19. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast