autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First Post

I just bought the

Griot's Garage G9 Random Orbital Polisher Correct & Finish Combo

and

KLASSE SUPER SIZE KIT Exceptional long lasting mirror-like acrylic AIO and SG shine now in larger bottles!

A friend of mine put a coat of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze on my 2008 MX-5 (new to me). I couldn't believe how good it looks after we washed, claybar, 3 step polish, and applied the one coat of Klasse HGSG with the Porter Cable, and than hand rubbed with microfiber cloth. ( Didn't apply the Klasse AIO (all in one), as didn't have any.)

I want to do my other cars, so I bought the Groit G9 Kit and the Klasse Kit.

Questions:

1. Which pad ( of the ones that come with the kits I bought) do I use to apply the first coast of Klasse All in One and then subsequent coat of Klasse HGSG?

2. Which pad ( of the ones that come with the kits I bought) do I use for "finishing/ final step in buffing the sealant" the original coat of the Klasse HGSG? The Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze can be difficult to get off.

3. I don't want to damage the paint on my cars.

I have used the my friends Porter Cable polisher, wanted to get that but out of stock. I'm also very worried about damaging the paint on my cars.

I appreciate any advise you can provide. I'm a junior at detailing.

Thank you for your time in answering my questions.

RM

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First Post

KSG applied with a machineKlasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cabrn View Post
    Questions:

1. Which pad ( of the ones that come with the kits I bought) do I use to apply the first coast of Klasse All in One and then subsequent coat of Klasse HGSG?

2. Which pad ( of the ones that come with the kits I bought) do I use for "finishing/ final step in buffing the sealant" the original coat of the Klasse HGSG? The Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze can be difficult to get off.

1. Since the KAIO is a chemical cleaner with no real cut in itself I would suggest using the Orange Foam Correcting Pad or the Black Foam Finishing Pad. The Orange pad will add a little more "cut" and be a slightly more aggressive in the cleaning. The Black pad will be a lighter straight cleaning.

2. Personally I would use the yellow hand applicators for the KSG step. It allows me to control the application better than trying to use the Red wax pad on the machine. This is in...

3. The Klasse twins will really not be aggressive enough to do any kind of damage to you vehicle. Even when using the Orange Foam Correcting Pad the cut is medium at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    KSG applied with a machineKlasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First Post

I have actually watched and experienced my dad applying KSG by machine. He got it to the point where he could get the application so thin it almost disappeared into the paint.

When it works its great but getting to that point takes a lot of elbow grease getting off the thicker spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I have actually watched and experienced my dad applying KSG by machine. He got it to the point where he could get the application so thin it almost disappeared into the paint.

When it works its great but getting to that point takes a lot of elbow grease getting off the thicker spots.
    This is why I like my method but it does involve hand application...as you knowKlasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First Post

Mike Phillips

Hi RM,

Thank you for posting this to the forum.

I just bought the Griot's Garage G9 Random Orbital Polisher Correct & Finish Combo and KLASSE SUPER SIZE KIT Exceptional long lasting mirror-like acrylic AIO and SG shine now in larger bottles!

A friend of mine put a coat of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze on my 2008 MX-5 (new to me). I couldn't believe how good it looks after we washed, claybar, 3 step polish, and applied the one coat of Klasse HGSG with the Porter Cable, and than hand rubbed with microfiber cloth. ( Didn't apply the Klasse AIO (all in one), as didn't have any.)
    Interesting.

I've tired to apply the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze by machine about 15 years ago or so and don't remember it working that great.

The foundation for the final results were these steps,

Quote Originally Posted by cabrn

we washed, claybar, 3 step polish

Quote Originally Posted by cabrn

I want to do my other cars, so I bought the Groit G9 Kit and the Klasse Kit.

Questions:

I have used the my friends Porter Cable polisher, wanted to get that but out of stock. I'm also very worried about damaging the paint on my cars.

I appreciate any advise you can provide. I'm a junior at detailing.

Thank you for your time in answering my questions.

RM

Great questions!

So here's the pad that came in your kit,

5 1/4 inch Microfiber Cutting Pad
    5.5 inch Griots Garage Orange Foam Correcting Pad
    6.5 inch Griots Garage Black Foam Finishing Pad
    6.5 inch Griots Garage Red Foam Waxing Pad

The Klasse All-in-One is a NON-ABRASIVE paint cleaner. I will NOT remove paint defects like swirls and scratches. In most cases, you would only want to use softer foam pads with this product. That would be the Griot's BLACK or RED pads.

If you use the more aggressive ORANGE pad - it is possible for the orange pad to actually MAR the paint. Depends on if the paint is hard or soft. You won't know until you do what is called a..... drum roll please.....

TEST SPOT

If you don't know what a Test Spot is or how to do one - watch this video.

How to do a Test Spot and then buff out your car! Video Explanation by Mike Phillips

As for which pad to use to machine apply the Klasse Sealant Glaze? The only option would be the red foam pad.

I'm not a fan of the Klasse Sealant Glaze, it's simply not my type of product. I know a lot of other people LOVE this product so as the saying goes, something for everyone. When I first used this product - AFTER using it - I wrote this article.

READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

A tip for working with waxes, paint sealants or coatings that are new to you

And note I wrote this back in 2011 and nothing has changed.

Hope the above helps. If I were in your shoes, I would go ahead and get some REAL compounds and polishes. Since you already bought the Griot's polisher and the Griot's buffing pads, I'd suggest getting some of the BOSS creams.

For example, these two would be great starter products.

Griots Garage BOSS Correcting Cream

https://www.autogeek.net/griots-boss...g-sealant.html

Both of the above are VERY SAFE. And with these two products you'll be able to removes swirls and scratches and also continue to use the Klasse products you've purchased.

Hope the above helps...

Mike Phillips

That would be the technique to master.

When it works its great
    but getting to that point takes a lot of elbow grease getting off the thicker spots.

And that's my experience and why I wrote the article I wrote. My article recommends, when it's your FIRST time using Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze - to start by ONLY applying a LITTLE bit to a SMALL SECTION.

Then get a FEEL for how it wipes off.

Once you do this it will TEACH YOU to apply the product WHISPER THIN.

Me? There are hundreds of other products I would use first.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your advice.

I will be applying by hand, after I wash, clay bar, and 3 step polishing.

I really like the results of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your advice.

I will be applying by hand, after I wash, clay bar, and 3 step polishing.

I really like the results of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.
    First, Welcome to AGO!

Second, Roger (Klasse Act above) has a killer KSG application method.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there's alot of other newer, more advanced products out there but the results speak for themselves. I mean sure, my car is coated and topped and topped and topped but I see nothing wrong with sticking with The Twins for yewr round protection and maintence when used to make "FrankenDetailer"Klasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First Post The 2nd coat of KSG is where the magic happens though Klasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First PostKlasse AIO and SG - Which pads to use? - First Post

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post