autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WG Uber compound or what, and what pad combo for really hard paint?

Uh oh! I bought the DMC5's (which is what I've used in the past) vs. the DMX5s...

How big of a difference between both? Hasn't shipped yet, so I may have time to change it with Autogeek...

Is it a big deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    Uh oh! I bought the DMC5's (which is what I've used in the past) vs. the DMX5s...

How big of a difference between both? Hasn't shipped yet, so I may have time to change it with Autogeek...

Is it a big deal?
    My fault. You want the regular microfibers. No need for the xtra cut.

3. Likes Matador liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does the CarPro clear cut finish? I've used FG400, and love all menz products...but it did not do enough for my liking with the super hard Audi Phantom Black paint!

Also, what MF pads would you reccomend? My Menz ones are getting old and figure it's time to try a new brand for the heck of it lol.
    ClearCut finishes out beautifully. Very slight haze if that. You will still want to polish it to perfect the finish though. Audi paint is tough but ClearCut is fine and works with ease on it. I use a forced oscillation Flex unit so I can apply a lot more pressure than you will be able to do. IMO it's why so many seem to have a harder time with German paints. I do a ton of them and have zero issues. Lots of the ease is from having a strong polisher thus being able to really press the product into the finish so it can do the work. Pad wise, I've used Griot's MF way back in the day but otherwise, I use wool as again, different polisher.

Here it is on black GM Caddy Paint with a wool pad.

More on a Pontiac G8, again, with a wool pad

^^ as you can see, it finishes beautifully. Just a few easy passes with a nice polish and you will have a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Clear cut is good. I just don't like the amount of dust it creates which is why I don't use it. I prefer compounds with almost zero dust which is why I like Cut Max. It has zero dust.
    It does dust. Solution I've found is to add just a drop or two of HDOne compound to it. Once or twice per cycle of the pad and the dust is near none. Extends working time, eliminates dust. I've since changed over to just adding a few nice squirts of it to the bottles of ClearCut, shake well and done. This way I don't have to mess with putting any on the pads.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes Matador liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

It does dust. Solution I've found is to add just a drop or two of HDOne compound to it. Once or twice per cycle of the pad and the dust is near none. Extends working time, eliminates dust. I've since changed over to just adding a few nice squirts of it to the bottles of ClearCut, shake well and done. This way I don't have to mess with putting any on the pads.
    I am not discrediting the finish or cutting ability of it. But here is the thing, I don't have to be adding a drop of this to that to get a compound to not dust which is why I prefer Sonax Cut Max. Finishes just as good (paint dependent) and the best part no dust to clean up. Clear Cut sits on my cabinet shelf collecting dust.

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Clear Cut sits on my cabinet shelf collecting dust.
    CC Double Dust.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    ClearCut finishes out beautifully. Very slight haze if that. You will still want to polish it to perfect the finish though. Audi paint is tough but ClearCut is fine and works with ease on it. I use a forced oscillation Flex unit so I can apply a lot more pressure than you will be able to do. IMO it's why so many seem to have a harder time with German paints. I do a ton of them and have zero issues. Lots of the ease is from having a strong polisher thus being able to really press the product into the finish so it can do the work. Pad wise, I've used Griot's MF way back in the day but otherwise, I use wool as again, different polisher.

Here it is on black GM Caddy Paint with a wool pad.

More on a Pontiac G8, again, with a wool pad

^^ as you can see, it finishes beautifully. Just a few easy passes with a nice polish and you will have a mirror.
    Thanks for sharing.

I don't have the flex, but the G21. Always curious on owning a Flex though...especially with all the good stuff Mike puts out them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.

I don't have the flex, but the G21. Always curious on owning a Flex though...especially with all the good stuff Mike puts out them.
    No worries. Microfiber on yours will work fast too. If you can swing it, pick up a 3401 before they are all gone from stock. I struggled not to buy another one just for that reason.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes Matador liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12