autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I switched from Griots G9 to Flex 3401.. My thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I wonder how the Supa Beast would compare being a different design?

I probably asked this question before......Does the Supa Beast, and the 3401 possess the same direction of Rotation?
    Same direction, which is opposite of pretty much all other polishers.

I hear the supa beast is smoother, quieter, cooler, but also less powerful. If you can sacrifice some power (which means it won’t as much of a beast) then I think it’s a good option. It is more powerful than the CBEAST.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I use 6.5 inch hybrids a lot with the Beast. Love them.

Here is one personal observation of the Beast.... after you get some time in with the machine, you learn to balance it. Obviously that time will be different for individuals. You should get to the point where you can run (steer) the machine with one hand And only use the other for downward pressure. Unless you are edging, the machine shouldn’t pull you if you are operating it properly. Curves and convexes will pull a bit that’s the advantage over stalling.

I also see a lot of people using a few “pea” size drops.... that adds to making the machine a lot harder to use because there isn’t adequate lubrication between the pad and paint.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Oldz,

That's an interesting point about the amount of product, and one I will certainly try to confirm. I've tended to follow the directions on most product bottles that call for three - four pea size drops, although I've known Mike recommends using way more product. I suspect that even if it doesn't help, there won't be any harm in trying, and if it does smooth things out a bit, that would be great!

4. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post

1. I use 6.5 force hybrid pads with the Flex and I am exhausted after a job fighting that thing.

I hate to say this but me thinks you're fighting yourself instead of learning-the-way-of-the-BEAST.

This tool will do what you want it to do without beating you up but you have to spend some time with it.

And I've shared this on this forum in a lot of threads but here it is again - another great pad and I would even say better shape-design is the RUPES pads.

The old style, which is being discontinued work great. The NEW RUPES pads also work great.

So pick up a couple of the new RUPES pads and give them I try.

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, age 16, I was given the task of polishing a new tile floor in a lumber yard. Grabbing the handle of that 20” rotating pad just about tossed me down the aisle. Within minutes you catch on to how to tip the machine to make it go left or right.

A buddy purchased a Griots DA on my recommendation. I get a call from him that’s it’s a bad one. I run over and pick it up with one hand and slowly “walk” it across his hood as he looked on in shock.

Practice makes perfect!

7. Likes Thomkirby, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I use 6.5 inch hybrids a lot with the Beast. Love them..
    Thanks for that post.

I did my fifth AIO job this morning and can finally agree, I am finding the ‘balance’ of the Flex.

I did an ‘18 GMC Crew Cab today with the 6.5 force hybrids. I’ve learned that this tool is not magic. Meaning, if it’s going to plow through a job, I’ve got to be ready to put the muscle work into it.

Also, I agree about pea or even dime size product use. Those days are history. I start each fresh pad with two complete circle beads of product. When I reload I’ll zip a thin half circle onto the pad.

Thanks for all the responses, guys. Keep em comin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I hate to say this but me thinks you're fighting yourself instead of learning-the-way-of-the-BEAST.

This tool will do what you want it to do without beating you up but you have to spend some time with it.
    You beat me to it, Mike. You’re right.

I’ve done two jobs since my original post. I feel myself falling into this machine the way I think I should, and using the 6.5 force pads. It’s feeling good.

11. Likes John U liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12