autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Clear Coat ALMOST Gone Need Protection

And these two answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

I would just apply OCW over the Poxy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

To answer you're question, you can use optimum car wax on top of poxy at any time. It is up to you whenever you choose to use it.

To this question,

Quote Originally Posted by ABSAV

Should I put a coat of Optimum Car Wax over the Poxy or strip the Poxy off and just use the Optimum Car Wax to further protect the clear coat?

Yes.

Just start massaging the Optimum Car Wax over all the horizontal panels.

A: The act of rubbing ANY liquid over any type of car wax will have the act of removing it.

B: As you rub the Optimum Car Wax over the 3D Poxy and remove it you will ALSO be rubbing the Optimum Car Wax INTO the clearcoat thus accomplishing your goal. No harm done.

Here's my article on Optimum Car Wax - NOTE THE PART I TURNED THE TEXT RED

Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com

Optimum Car Wax

A chemist that also worked for car paint companies to create modern clearcoat paints
    Dr. David Ghodoussi is a PhD Organic Chemist and his background includes working for many of the major paint companies that make automotive car paints. He was one of the chemists that helped to create modern clearcoat/basecoat paint technology back in the 1980's.

Optimum Car Wax
    Dr. Ghodoussi has a product called Optimum Car Wax which uses a patented UV protection ingredient and process that offers the same UV protection as the UV protection ingredients used in the actual clear layer of paint on your car. Dr. Ghodoussi also told me that Ford Motor Company did long term testing of protection products and documented that this product actually lived up to the claim and offered true UV protection for automotive clearcoats.

Plus, while I know most people think a spray on wax is a glorified spray detailer, this particular wax really does leave the UV protection ingredients on the surface and if I remember correctly with repeated use the key ingredients migrate into the paint resin to some level.

I asked Dr. Ghodoussi why he didn't bring this out as a traditional paste or liquid wax and he told me that the best and perhaps the only way to suspend the key ingredients was using a thin liquid formula and that's why this product is a spray-on product.

If your car is a daily driver and especially a daily driver parked outside every day and even more especially if you live in a geographical location that has extended and even extreme exposure to the sun, like for example you live near the equator, then get this product and use it.

My recommendation
    Before using this product the paint should be clean and smooth. If your car's paint is not clean and smooth and also defect free then prep the paint first by,

1. Washing
    2. Claying
    3. Compounding (if needed to remove deep swirls and scratches)
    4. Polishing
    5. Then apply Optimum Spray Wax

And this is key...

USE IT OFTEN.

At least use it often on the horizontal surface like the roof, hood and trunk lid as these are the surfaces that take a beating every day from the sun. Think about it.... if you walk around any parking lots filled with cars the panels you most often see clearcoat failure are the hood, roof and trunk lids because these are the areas that sunburned everyday.

A quick simple routine is what you need
    Washing and waxing your car correctly will take you a couple of hours easy.... but think outside the box. Purchase a quality spray detailer, waterless wash or rinseless wash and wipe down the horizontal surfaces and then apply the spray wax. This will take you around 20 minutes if you do a good job. This small time investment will protect and maintain your car's horizontal surfaces with patented UV protection. Then later on the weekend or when you have time wash and wax the entire car.

Get and take care of a nice collection of microfiber towels when you order the Optimum Spray Wax

What is touching your car's paint?
    It' is the towel that touches the paint. I recommend purchasing a 12 pack of towels and the DEDICATE these towels for NOTHING but for use with this spray wax on your favorite ride. Get a dedicated laundry basket for the garage for ONLY THESE TOWELS. Keep them off the ground. Wash them together. Dry them together. Store them someplace they will NOT get contaminated and then every time you go to apply and wipe off the wax you won't scratch your car's precious thin paint.

Remember - it's what touches the paint that determines swirls and scratches.

12 Pack Sky Blue Edgeless Polishing Cloths

Make sense?

On Autogeek.com

Optimum Spray Wax

12 Pack Sky Blue Edgeless Polishing Cloths

Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Essentials Wash Kit - Everything you need to mix up your own waterless wash

End of article

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, I see now about posting questions on the forum so everyone gets a chance to chime in with there experience - even you. Many thanks for the compliments. ALSO thanks to the others for their info replies. I tried to use Tapatalk to post pics - no luck. My granddaughter helped with the posting the pics, then you bailed me out by posting my email to show others my problem - many thanks for doing that along with adding more of your personal touch in answering questions. ABSAV

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Is this something that one could use Optimum Clear Coat Restorer on? Or is it not meant for something like this?

I remember seeing you typed once that either you had or haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Old age, can't remember.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Me Time View Post

Is this something that one could use Optimum Clear Coat Restorer on? Or is it not meant for something like this?
    It doesn’t work on clear coat that has already failed. Used it and it didn’t don anything for that. It was also not designed for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It doesn’t work on clear coat that has already failed. Used it and it didn’t don anything for that. It was also not designed for that.
    Wonder what the main draw of it is then? Haven't seen much on it.
    Last edited by Me Time; 09-17-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Post Thanks / Like

Or wait a week or two and the Poxy will be gone, or close to it. looks good when fresh but not very durable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12