autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me decide Rinseless Wash for this winter

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I’ve had good luck with the Griots Brilliant Finish Rinseless. It’s supposed to be a leave nothing behind RW.

And it’s cheap to get a big bottle to see if you like it. If you don’t, you could just use it for pre-treat. (Or it makes a good glass cleaner for around the house at 1:6. Never had any luck personally with Uber or ONR as glass cleaners)
    I have actually found that an ounce or two of ONR boosts your washer fluid performance. At least in my experience.

As a Griot's fan, the BFRW is on my radar though.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    JMO, but even though ONR encapsulates dirt, it is a little less slick feeling than Uber.

Have I found that using Uber vs. ONR (correctly) has left less micro marring? The answer is no.

It could just be in my head, but the slicker feel of Uber just eases my mind when using RW's.
    That is exactly why I switch from ONR to Uber.
    I just couldn't beleive I wasnt causing any issue with the solution feeling so watery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Thanks Epilogts thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    That is exactly why I switch from ONR to Uber.
    I just couldn't beleive I wasnt causing any issue with the solution feeling so watery

My peace of mind comes from the fact that whatever product I choose, having learned the proper techniques here on AGO will keep any swirling to the bare minimum.

And subsequently, any machine polishing needed is kept to the bare minimum as well.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I’ve had good luck with the Griots Brilliant Finish Rinseless. It’s supposed to be a leave nothing behind RW.

And it’s cheap to get a big bottle to see if you like it. If you don’t, you could just use it for pre-treat. (Or it makes a good glass cleaner for around the house at 1:6. Never had any luck personally with Uber or ONR as glass cleaners)
    Ohhhh
    I knew about the Rinseless Wash & Wax but never noticed the Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash

Have you compare it with other rinseless washes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have actually found that an ounce or two of ONR boosts your washer fluid performance. At least in my experience.

As a Griot's fan, the BFRW is on my radar though.
    Nice trick about the washer fluid, never thought...

Im also a Griots fan, so far nothing that Ive tried has let me down

7. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

No love for Ultima Waterless Wash Plus?

10. Likes MoBenzOwner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve mainly used n914 but just recently started using American detailer garage wipeout it works fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh
    I knew about the Rinseless Wash & Wax but never noticed the Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash

Have you compare it with other rinseless washes?
    [/URL]
    What I like about the Brilliant finish is how easy it is to dry streak free.

I've used:

Regular ONR- (thought it was fine; had the same observations about wash "feel" as everyone else. Also thought the car seemed to get hold dirt better after use)
    ONR W&W- Should try this one again, it's been a while since I used it. When used in a colder garage, I had trouble with streaking on buff off with this one as well.
    N-914- Solid performer. Compared to the Brilliant Finish, to me it didn't flash off quite as well. Definitely worth having around.
    Wolfgang Uber- Great pop when you're done, but to me it seems to attract dust quickly
    Griot's Rinseless Wash and Wax- I love this stuff. Super easy to use, looks great when done. Didn't have the same issue in cold weather I did with the ONR WW (which in my head should be a comparable product).

Full disclosure on the Brilliant Finish - I used it to wash windows on my house, and noted the water beading after it rained was different than just naked glass. No problems with water spotting, just a change in water behavior.

I don't have a microscope ( ), nor am I able to do back-to-back-to-back tests like some of the other awesome folks on here, so these are just my layman's observations.

For the price of entry, especially what you can pick it up for during a sale, I'd say it's worth trying. If nothing else you can burn it up doing Rinseless washes on wheels/tires.

Worth noting - When they released it, they only recommended it as a Rinseless Wash at 1oz / 1 gallon of water. They later added 1oz BFRW / 6oz water (6:1) if you wanted to use it as a pre-treat or detail spray. I think they gave this info during one of their YouTube Live videos, I'd have to dig around to find it again. This is the ratio I've used it at for cleaning glass around the house and it works really good.
    They still don't recommend it as a clay lubricant.

The 15:1 he used in the video (confession, I only speed skimmed the video) is the recommended ratio for the Rinseless Wash and Wax. (15:1 for prespray/drying aid/clay lube, 320:1 for rinseless duty)

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    No love for Ultima Waterless Wash Plus?
    Haven't had a chance to try that one, I guess since so many other RW's get all the forum love it's slipped by me. (I bought Uber around the time when it was a big time favorite here - I was surprised when it didn't make me breakfast the morning after I used it... )

Just recently was gifted Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash, but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. How does it compare to the Plus?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was trying to use 1 rinseless for all 3 cars but maybe that will not be possible...
    If you were to use M37 N-914 you could certainly use it for any and all cars/LSPs.

Probably the same with Uber but I can’t guarantee it. I think the PA White Alabaster will be fine right after Uber. FK1000p should definitely be fine on fresh Uber. Ethos Ceramic Wax is the one I don’t know much about and whether it can be applied and maintain max performance/durability on top of a freshly washed Uber RW. It might be iffy if the wax says it requires a bare surface or fresh coating to latch on to... but my large gut tells me that most ceramic waxes would dissolve the light polymers left behind by Uber.

Feynlab Pure Rinseless would leave nothing behind and could be topped by any LSO but obviously may impact the strength of the underlying layer of LSP if that even matters.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast