autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Prep Wipe/Wash After 3D ONE ?

I am ready ( I THINK ) to apply 3D POXY as a wax/sealant to finish up my correction process. I am a bit confused - should I use an IPA solution or a solvent spray wipe down to remove any residue that was left on after finishing up with the 3D ONE application process? I have read that the prep wash or prep wipe step will prep the surface for the LSP. I also understand that the end result of the 3D ONE will leave a polish on the surface already for the LSP . With this all said & done, if I use the wipe/wash step after the 3d ONE step will this remove any of the polish? OR should I just continue with the LSP (3D PROXY) with out the wash/wipe step? I apologize for being so " wordy " but this is my FIRST attempt of a total correction process and wanted to make sure I am doing everything correct. I really enjoy this forum and appreciate your time at reading and replying to help out the newbies with all the questions. I thank you for your consideration answering this question. ABSAV

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prep Wipe/Wash After 3D ONE ?

Quote Originally Posted by ABSAV View Post
    I am ready ( I THINK ) to apply 3D POXY as a wax/sealant to finish up my correction process. I am a bit confused - should I use an IPA solution or a solvent spray wipe down to remove any residue that was left on after finishing up with the 3D ONE application process?

I have read that the prep wash or prep wipe step will prep the surface for the LSP. I also understand that the end result of the 3D ONE will leave a polish on the surface already for the LSP .

With this all said & done, if I use the wipe/wash step after the 3d ONE step will this remove any of the polish?

OR should I just continue with the LSP (3D PROXY) with out the wash/wipe step?

I apologize for being so " wordy " but this is my FIRST attempt of a total correction process and wanted to make sure I am doing everything correct. I really enjoy this forum and appreciate your time at reading and replying to help out the newbies with all the questions. I thank you for your consideration answering this question. ABSAV
    Watch this from 3D informational video ( I found their link to YouTube from the Video references)

Applying 3D Poxy Sealant Wax with a Dual Action Polisher - YouTube

3d One is an all purpose abrasive and has no fillers nor leaves any protection. So yes use this and correct pad to give your car some shine.

Next and in the video I noticed they showed a panel wipe but did not watch it completely but the process is the same for most polish and last step protection.
    Use a panel wipe to ensure you have a clean surface for the bonding of your LSP

Apply the 3D HD Poxy (new name/label) and follow their recommendations.

And if you search for some the AG-videos the 3D owner and Mike go over the use of this product in their lineup too!

Make sure you send us before and after pictures, like to see your finished project!

Post Thanks / Like

I am ready ( I THINK ) to apply 3D POXY as a wax/sealant to finish up my correction process. I am a bit confused - should I use an IPA solution or a solvent spray wipe down to remove any residue that was left on after finishing up with the 3D ONE application process? I have read that the prep wash or prep wipe step will prep the surface for the LSP. I also understand that the end result of the 3D ONE will leave a polish on the surface already for the LSP . With this all said & done, if I use the wipe/wash step after the 3d ONE step will this remove any of the polish? OR should I just continue with the LSP (3D PROXY) with out the wash/wipe step? I apologize for being so " wordy " but this is my FIRST attempt of a total correction process and wanted to make sure I am doing everything correct. I really enjoy this forum and appreciate your time at reading and replying to help out the newbies with all the questions. I thank you for your consideration answering this question. ABSAV
    You would be fine if you apply poxy right after. Prep wipes are not required for a wax or sealant unlike a coating.

Miscible and Immiscible - Wax and Paint Sealant Bonding

4. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply and info. I followed Mike's instruction video of the steps to complete the paint correction process. He is correct stating it's a "process" that's for sure! I am about ready to apply the Poxy for the LSP and coating of the bumpers and other plastic/rubber trim. Looking at next week for finishing up. This forum has been the best for finding out "the tricks of the trade" along with detailing products to perfect the job. Hopefully, the grandkids will help me figure out how to post the before & after pics to share. Thanks again for the reply and info related to finishing up with the LSP. ABSAV

helping me out with the last step

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply and info. I followed Mike's instruction video of the steps to complete the paint correction process. He is correct stating it's a "process" that's for sure! I am about ready to apply the Poxy for the LSP and coating of the bumpers and other plastic/rubber trim. Looking at next week for finishing up. This forum has been the best for finding out "the tricks of the trade" along with detailing products to perfect the job. Hopefully, the grandkids will help me figure out how to post the before & after pics to share. Thanks again for the reply and info related to finishing up with the LSP. ABSAV

helping me out with the last step
    It all gets easier from here on out.

Speaking of easy.......... Download the TapTalk app on your phone. Uploading pics to the forum is a breeze.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I would respectfully disagree about sealants not needing panel wipes. They're not necessary but for a polymer based product that requires crosslinking, it's best to panel spray if you want to get the most out of the product. There are exceptions to systems made by a manufacturer but other wise, any sealant that requires a cure time is best applied after a panel prep spray.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I would respectfully disagree about sealants not needing panel wipes. They're not necessary but for a polymer based product that requires crosslinking, it's best to panel spray if you want to get the most out of the product. There are exceptions to systems made by a manufacturer but other wise, any sealant that requires a cure time is best applied after a panel prep spray.

Thank you all for your info and advice. After reading all responses I plan on a prep wipe before the LSP. When finished hopefully I will be able to post some pics. ABSAV