autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Been out the game for a while...but love me my Menz PowerLock. What helper spray wax goes well with it?

Been out the game for a while, saw a lot of tech has changed up since I dabbled into detailing.

I loved my Menz PL, and still do......refuse to go coating route. Something about applying sealant/wax regularly feels nice.

WIth that said, what do you guys reccomend I spray during drying process to help make the PL last longer/better?

I've over the years just used ONR to make sure I didn't scratch the paint up during drying.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been out the game for a while...but love me my Menz PowerLock. What helper spray wax goes well with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    Been out the game for a while, saw a lot of tech has changed up since I dabbled into detailing.

I loved my Menz PL, and still do......refuse to go coating route. Something about applying sealant/wax regularly feels nice.

WIth that said, what do you guys reccomend I spray during drying process to help make the PL last longer/better?

I've over the years just used ONR to make sure I didn't scratch the paint up during drying.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    If you want to add protection, such as a spray wax that’s easy to apply, you can’t go wrong with:
    DG Aquawax
    OCW
    Megs D156 (Ultimate Quik Wax)
    Four Star Spray Wax Plus
    P&S Beadmaker
    DP Need for Bead

I think any of these would make you further enjoy your process

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been out the game for a while...but love me my Menz PowerLock. What helper spray wax goes well with it?

this looks to be right up your alley...
    Jescar Bead-It SiO2 Spray Wax

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If you want to add protection, such as a spray wax that’s easy to apply, you can’t go wrong with:
    DG Aquawax
    OCW
    Megs D156 (Ultimate Quik Wax)
    Four Star Spray Wax Plus
    P&S Beadmaker
    DP Need for Bead

I think any of these would make you further enjoy your process
    Hmmm...P&S looks exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    this looks to be right up your alley...
    Jescar Bead-It SiO2 Spray Wax
    Sweeeeeet!!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I would actually be really interested in the Jescar Bead-It if I were Matador, to keep brand synergy and because it’s going to improve self-cleaning, make it better than PL alone. But you should get the protection and appearance benefits of PL.

Post Thanks / Like

I am def. intrigued.....but it's about twice as much as P&S.

Has anyone done a review on it yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I am def. intrigued.....but it's about twice as much as P&S.

Has anyone done a review on it yet?
    I currently have a test running with it. It was one of the faster ceramic spray sealants to show some performance loss, BUT at 2.5 months it’s still doing it’s thing. It also applied as easily as any of the products tested below. It seemed very versatile like it can be used as a drying aid or on top of any LSP just based on the non-finicky nature of it. Small sample size but two coats and then a coat every month or so as a drying aid seems like you would get improved self cleaning on Power Lock and the amped up shine refresh.

For comparison purposes It don’t think you’ll get much more than a month out of BM and the self cleaning won’t be as good. The gloss is subjective and is probably the one place besides price where BM beats Bead-It in my opinion... but I personally would side with the synergy of Bead-It.

SiO2 Ceramic Spray Sealant comparison test

9. Likes Matador liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input!

Awesome post with the testing too. That WG CSC....tempting but again...pricey haha.

That's something you would only apply maybe once every couple of months?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input!

Awesome post with the testing too. That WG CSC....tempting but again...pricey haha.

That's something you would only apply maybe once every couple of months?
    WG CSC? Yes, or you could apply more often and it’s so easy and so many applications in a bottle that you probably will. But note that this is meant to be applied on bare paint or another coating (or itself would be fine).

Bead-It, I would do monthly and maybe more often for the first few months to establish a layer. But you will easily see when the water behavior degrades and can decide how often you want to based on that. Also very easy, maybe easier than WG CSC.

12. Likes Matador liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I would actually be really interested in the Jescar Bead-It if I were Matador, to keep brand synergy and because it’s going to improve self-cleaning, make it better than PL alone. But you should get the protection and appearance benefits of PL.
    So finally got around to buying this!

It's pretty good. Followed the directions, applied by spraying on car, used one MF towel to spread and buff in and another clean towel to wipe off. Had to go through a couple of my more plush double sided MF towels that are my babies.

Only issue for me was for some reason on the glass was more of a pain to get off of. On the paint it was easy on, easy off...but not the glass.

Here's pics of the end result from when done. Will have even more pics today in the sun as I am sure it's even glossier.

14. Likes Diner, PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast