autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been out the game for a while...but love me my Menz PowerLock. What helper spray wax goes well with it?

Sooo...question for anyone reading this. I washed the towels that I used. The ones I used to wipe off the residue were fine but the towel I used as the applicator, feels funky and still has residue.

Anyone have tips on how to bring back my poor towel back to life?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been out the game for a while...but love me my Menz PowerLock. What helper spray wax goes well with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    Sooo...question for anyone reading this. I washed the towels that I used. The ones I used to wipe off the residue were fine but the towel I used as the applicator, feels funky and still has residue.

Anyone have tips on how to bring back my poor towel back to life?
    Hot water wash (works for all my towels although some will say you shouldn’t) with your detergent. And next time using as an applicator, can you make a little bucket or dish and put hot water in it and a splash of detergent (or done use APC) so you can just toss the towel in right after? I use the $1 plastic dirty dish holders they sell at Wally World or Target. I have like 5 of them and pretty much throw anything that’s fairly dirty or any MFs used for spray waxes in.

Post Thanks / Like

So another update.

Haven't been happy lately wtih my result.....

I feel like a strange film of the spray sealant since I did it for the first time some weeks back.

I gave her a bath tonight, and noticed just like 2 hours after I washed the car it almost had a strange 'static cling' to dust. I drove around for 20mins and when I came back, I noticed this layer of dust.

Is this normal with spray sealants? I must admit I haven't used many (this is honestly my first).

Not liking this....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12