autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Zymöl stepping in now

So Zymöl is stepping into the graphene product line up, and making some very strong claims. I’m very excited to try this product!

Thoughts?

A groundbreaking patented protectant that is incredibly strong, hard and resilient with a high gloss shine that’s harder than any ceramic!Zymöl Atomic Graphene Shield is formulated with pure Graphene and pure Carnauba Resin to provide a hard shield that constantly repels dirt, water and environmental fallout.
    Until today there has never been a consumer product utilizing the brilliant ingredient discovery, Graphene. Zymöl, working with science bound Phitech, LLC has broken this barrier and is releasing its first Graphene formulated product using a Patented Graphene Colloid.
    What makes this product different is it doesn’t sit on the car’s surface; it becomes part of the car’s surface.
    Unlike silicones, waxes and polymers that ‘sit’ on a painted surface, Graphene bonds atomically with the paint. This gives it durability of 18-24 months.
    Zymöl Atomic Graphene Paint Shield has a very special set of properties that set it apart from other paint protection products. In relation to its thickness, it is about 200 times stronger than hardened steel. The Shield’s Graphene Superlattices are harder than diamond. The Atomic​ Graphene Shield is the best conductor of heat (UV), is best at repelling dirt and water (hydrophobicity) and is totally transparent since you can’t see an atom.
    Zymöl’s new product simply relies on physics and the basic properties of the elements in nature to fight for and protect what we own and love.”

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymöl stepping in now

Well the line is going to start getting even longer over the next couple months. I'm beta testing one right now and it's very easy to apply and remove. Thing is, the car I applied it to, was traded in a week after I did it, LOL. His new car needs a massive paint correction, a black Fiesta ST, so its going to be applied to it. This is his DD and it sits outside 24/7 and is probably going to be washes once a week or every other week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Thanks 2wookies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well the line is going to start getting even longer over the next couple months. I'm beta testing one right now and it's very easy to apply and remove. Thing is, the car I applied it to, was traded in a week after I did it, LOL. His new car needs a massive paint correction, a black Fiesta ST, so its going to be applied to it. This is his DD and it sits outside 24/7 and is probably going to be washes once a week or every other week.

LOL dang it!!!

Local shop here is a Zymöl retailer and the owner wants me to put it on his CQuartz coated car. So that’ll be fun to take off and prep.
    My plan was not to use the HD cleanse, just polish it down to remove coating and IPA prep it. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m still mulling this but trouble finding things to try everything on... damn you quarantine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2wookies View Post
    LOL dang it!!!

Local shop here is a Zymöl retailer and the owner wants me to put it on his CQuartz coated car. So that’ll be fun to take off and prep.
    My plan was not to use the HD cleanse, just polish it down to remove coating and IPA prep it. Thoughts?
    Why waste a perfectly good product already on there? Does he have another car, maybe his wife's or kids car?

I know this isn't the preferred thing to do but I applied the graphine beta product ontop of my costed car. The coating was only about 2 months old and it laid down really nice, no problems. My car is very glossy and has many "toppers" on it, so sadly it's hard for me to comment one way or the other but when i work on my buddy's FiST, well, THAT will be the real test. Just need the humidity to go away, plus for the long back ordered Griot's Garage 2" conversion backing plate kit to come in

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, "ATOMIC", has to be a BLAST.

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL dang it!!!

My thought is to not remove the coating. See Klasse’s response.

Post Thanks / Like

The product says it’s supposed to bond to the paint, so to me that means bare paint.

Post Thanks / Like

The product says it’s supposed to bond to the paint, so to me that means bare paint.
    Yes, that's true for just about everything but I have a problem and its called layering

Besides I'm able to say if it plays well with others, someone has to do it

This graphine product looks promising and I still can't believe how much surface has advanced in the 8.5 yrs I've been here, incredible

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting

“A groundbreaking patented protectant that is incredibly strong, hard and resilient with a high gloss shine that’s harder than any ceramic!Zymöl Atomic Graphene Shield is formulated with pure Graphene and pure Carnauba Resin to provide a hard shield that constantly repels dirt, water and environmental fallout.
    Graphene products on the market rely on various versions of siloxane substrates to bond properly with clearcoat? So.. questions here.
    Until today there has never been a consumer product utilizing the brilliant ingredient discovery, Graphene. Zymöl, working with science bound Phitech, LLC has broken this barrier and is releasing its first Graphene formulated product using a Patented Graphene Colloid.
    Isn't there a whole bunch of products on the market now?
    What makes this product different is it doesn’t sit on the car’s surface; it becomes part of the car’s surface.
    Unlike silicones, waxes and polymers that ‘sit’ on a painted surface, Graphene bonds atomically with the paint. This gives it durability of 18-24 months.
    I thought they were using carnauba resin? They're not gonna use any polymer carriers? Interesting. So I guess the carnauba slides off after the deep atomic graphene bond cause the graphene is so protective nothing will bond to it?
    Zymöl Atomic Graphene Paint Shield has a very special set of properties that set it apart from other paint protection products. In relation to its thickness, it is about 200 times stronger than hardened steel. The Shield’s Graphene Superlattices are harder than diamond. Going by this, you're going to destroy your paint as you apply it as it's 200 times stronger than hardened steel?
    The Atomic​ Graphene Shield is the best conductor of heat (UV), is best at repelling dirt and water (hydrophobicity) and is totally transparent since you can’t see an atom.
    Zymöl’s new product simply relies on physics and the basic properties of the elements in nature to fight for and protect what we own and love.”
    Physics? Its a blend of carnauba, graphene, polymers, carrier solvents and bonding agents in a proprietary mixture.

My problem with this product is that the reason coating manufacturers use coatings in their forms as is right now is because unless the base product is pretty much a container of solvent with their chemical mixtures in it, the overall bonding agent and density square inch or whatever will not have enough protective density. A product that you can use in a spray bottle that will not destroy the spray bottle itself has a very low concentration of protective agents. Or when you have a nice rich creamy mixture like Polish Angel, it's not crazy durable. Look at Polish Angel "coating" durability in a nice soft cream wax vs the durability from every other company that produces solvent based coatings in a small glass container that smells like jet fumes. There's a reason why you can't chemically make pure carnauba wax last a full year. Polymer oxidization is the reason why even for pro coatings, you have these specific application conditions and why some coatings require UV lights for a true bond and cure.

Graphene is not harder than Ceramic because the definition of hardness for ceramic varies. I always use the example of your grandmothers china set versus the Ceramic Rifle plate that's meant to defeat a 7.62 by 54R round.
    Graphene is more flexible. That means it can take more trauma without the bonds in between the atoms breaking. It's like Kevlar vs Ceramic. Kevlar will stop a bullet from the sheer flexibility and density of it, but the ceramic plate will stop a bullet by the sheer fact that it's just harder than the copper and lead bullet. It's also why you get a massive bruise from kevlar from a 9mm round but you don't really from a Ceramic plate with the same rating.

And also for their claims, 40 dollars is the price? I would find this more believable if this was a 100 dollar product. So basically they've taken a protective agent that requires more expensive bonding agents, solvents and carriers, but it's cheaper than one of their carnauba waxes which only requires carnauba and carrier solvents/oils?

It's nice to have dreams.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

13. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast