autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Lineup? Looking For Some Opinions and Clarification

Can someone provide their input on the Turtle Wax lineup? I need a little clarification moving forward.

I’ve used a good amount of paint protection products in the past. Coming from CG Hydroslick, cQuartz, Meg’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax, and a few others.

But I am looking to try out the Turtle Wax lineup in hopes I will like it the best in terms of hydrophobicity and durability- as well as ease of application.

My confusion is with their product lineup...

Is their “TW Ice Seal N Shine” simply a liquid spray wax? This would be something I apply maybe once a month (maybe less often) similar to a normal (paste) wax?

Would it then be appropriate to apply their “TW Ice Spray Detailer” after each weekly wash? I’m assuming this will keep it maintained well.

But then I visit their “Hybrid” product page and see “TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating.” Is this also a wax in a liquid spray form? How is this different than their “Hybrid WET Wax?” I also see their “3-in-1 Ceramic Detailer.” Should this be applied after each wash if using the Hybrid lineup?

Does TW not make these products in a paste form? I’ve been detailing cars for quite some time and it is difficult to wrap my head around the fact that a liquid spray can replace a paste wax.

I know this is kind of a lot to answer, but overall I am looking for opinions or experiences with the TW lineup. I am wanting to switch from the CG Hydroslick and Meg’s Hybrid for better durability and ease of application.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Lineup? Looking For Some Opinions and Clarification

Believe it or not, a paste wax and liquid wax don't have that much differences. Liquid waxes use a polymer or carnabua emulsion (liquid, protectant agent, blending agent) while paste wax just uses a more solid emulsion system to give you the experience of waxing your car. There are spray waxes that last longer than paste waxes now.

TW isn't a bad line, they've come a long way from the green cleaner wax in a can that they're better known for. The TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is a synthetic wax in spray form. WET wax requires water to activate it, so after you dry your car, keep your car wet and apply. 3 in 1 Ceramic Detailer, you can apply after each wash if you want. You can use it on top of anything. It's just for a quick shine.

Seal N Shine is a spray synthetic wax as well.

All these products basically perform the same. A spray detailer is still a spray detailer, it's for a quick shine after a wash or something. CG Hydroslick isn't really hydrophobic or slick. It's mostly an acrylic and siloxane mixture for some protection and shine. Meg's Hybrid and Turtle Wax's TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is about the same kind of product. Both give good protection and will last you a few months.

My advice, pick up Seal N Shine and their Ice Spray Detailer. You'll be fine. Or if you're already using Meg's Hybrid, just pick up the Ice Spray Detailer. No need to overcomplicate things.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with WillSports3, try not to overcomplicate things(too easily done in detailing, I do it all the time!)

Stick with a few select products and use them often to keep the vehicle protected and looking great regularly.

I’d use any of the “spray waxes/sealants/coatings” every 3 months or so and use the detailers after every wash.

Every 3 months:
    TWHS Spray Coating
    Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax
    TW Seal N Shine

Every week/wash:
    TWHS Wet Wax
    Megs Ceramic Detailer
    TW ICE Wax or Detailer
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Believe it or not, a paste wax and liquid wax don't have that much differences. Liquid waxes use a polymer or carnabua emulsion (liquid, protectant agent, blending agent) while paste wax just uses a more solid emulsion system to give you the experience of waxing your car. There are spray waxes that last longer than paste waxes now.

TW isn't a bad line, they've come a long way from the green cleaner wax in a can that they're better known for. The TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is a synthetic wax in spray form. WET wax requires water to activate it, so after you dry your car, keep your car wet and apply. 3 in 1 Ceramic Detailer, you can apply after each wash if you want. You can use it on top of anything. It's just for a quick shine.

Seal N Shine is a spray synthetic wax as well.

All these products basically perform the same. A spray detailer is still a spray detailer, it's for a quick shine after a wash or something. CG Hydroslick isn't really hydrophobic or slick. It's mostly an acrylic and siloxane mixture for some protection and shine. Meg's Hybrid and Turtle Wax's TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is about the same kind of product. Both give good protection and will last you a few months.

My advice, pick up Seal N Shine and their Ice Spray Detailer. You'll be fine. Or if you're already using Meg's Hybrid, just pick up the Ice Spray Detailer. No need to overcomplicate things.
    This is a very well written breakdown of the differences and similarities of all the products I listed. I think you just about cleared everything up for me. I really appreciate this post as it provides very helpful information!

Post Thanks / Like

The TWHS P&S is a liquid forum. I did the following on my truck...

1. A good base application of P&S
    2. The spray coating.
    3. Maintain with WET WAX after each wash as a drying aid.

Tw hybrid solutions afternoon detail

Hybrid solutions cermaic wet wax

The 3-1 Detailer i have found good also. Some have streaking issues with it. I have not. I really only use it on door jams or when i feel like wiping down the the truck between washes. Which is hardly ever. I wash weekly in the summer.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post.

I use TW Seal & Shine and Quick Detailer on my '19 Ford F150. It beads beautifully. My only question is the effectiveness of the beading and then sheeting. It rained here last night and my hood was all beaded - looked great. I proceeded to drive around town for 20 minutes, go up and down hills with inclines of around 30 degrees, and at the end of the trip my hood was still very well beaded. They didn't slide/sheet off. Throughout the day it then dries and I've got water spots. Is this a downside of TW Seal & Shine or my application? I did an initial coverage 1 month ago, and another yesterday after a wash.

Pics with the beads are after my trip, second is the water spots. Should I look for a product with better sheeting or change up application somehow?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biverson View Post
    Great post.

I use TW Seal & Shine and Quick Detailer on my '19 Ford F150. It beads beautifully. My only question is the effectiveness of the beading and then sheeting. It rained here last night and my hood was all beaded - looked great. I proceeded to drive around town for 20 minutes, go up and down hills with inclines of around 30 degrees, and at the end of the trip my hood was still very well beaded. They didn't slide/sheet off. Throughout the day it then dries and I've got water spots. Is this a downside of TW Seal & Shine or my application? I did an initial coverage 1 month ago, and another yesterday after a wash.

Pics with the beads are after my trip, second is the water spots. Should I look for a product with better sheeting or change up application somehow?

That is hard to believe. I have never used the TW S&S

But I can't even get 1/2 mile down the road at about 30mph before every drop of water on my hood/roof is completely "blown off" with my LSP's.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    That is hard to believe. I have never used the TW S&S

But I can't even get 1/2 mile down the road at about 30mph before every drop of water on my hood/roof is completely "blown off" with my LSP's.
    I found it odd too. I just did a quick detail and applied some S&S to the hood. When I previously applied it I did it with 2 DRY microfiber clothes. This time I sprayed my application cloth so it wouldn't try an absorb the spray wax. I sprayed it with water and took it for a drive. Beading was smaller and better results, but not what I want. Trying to see if it's me or am I expecting too much from this product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biverson View Post
    I found it odd too. I just did a quick detail and applied some S&S to the hood. When I previously applied it I did it with 2 DRY microfiber clothes. This time I sprayed my application cloth so it wouldn't try an absorb the spray wax. I sprayed it with water and took it for a drive. Beading was smaller and better results, but not what I want. Trying to see if it's me or am I expecting too much from this product?

The problem you’ve explained with SNS beading has been shared by quite a few actually. Decent looking beads, but that “stick” and therefore below average self-cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

That's because a high contact angle and the water shedding angle is different. I can have a chemist that produces AMAZING perfect beads. But you need concentrated air blowing on it to make it slide off. That's the problem with Reload and why I won't use it. I don't want to be driving down the road and see water beads rippling. I need that &*() to be gone off my hood when I hit the main road. Also the reason why ceramic coatings have the greatest self cleaning, the water shedding angle on them are very very high.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

11. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast