autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Glass Coating

What do you think is the best coating for windshields? Do you have a favorite?

I have used car pro thirty, McKee’s glass coating, and gtechniq g1. Hard to give a winner, perhaps the g1 performs slightly better. Have not tried optimum at this point, and unsure if it’s worth the cash. Maybe the old standby Aquqpel is the best deal going — good job, reasonable price.

Thanks for the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Glass Coating

I use McKee's 37 and it's fine. Aquapel performed just as well. Neither is super easy to apply but they seem to last a long time, especially if your cleaner has some water repellency as well, it just keeps it going.

I only use dedicated glass coatings on windshield (front and back) due to wipers. On side glass and sunroof I use the same coating I'm using on the paint.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes The Guz, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"What is the best" is subjective to the user. I personally like Pinnacle Glass Coat. I live in the frozen wastelands of North Dakota and that stuff lasts through fall, winter, spring and in to summer. It even helps in the winter for removing snow/ice/frost. I've stuck with that product and love it.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

5. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating or Window Coating. It's a very effective product.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Just used CarPro's Flyby30 a week or so ago...Can't speak to the durability yet, but the application process was fairly simple and so far so good! One of the cars it was applied to is a Honda Accord, regardless of the wiper blades used, it has always seemed as if the wiper motor has missing a higher speed. Driving around the last few days in a tropical storm and I have been impressed with the increased visibility during heavy rain!

8. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally have only used PBL as a true coating and never had reason to switch... plus a bottle lasts forever.

I did used to like Rain-X, then Pinnacle Glasscoat. Tried CMX as well. But PBL for the easy win.

Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq G5 Water Repellent Coating is the best that I have used. I think that I have tried most every brand made trying to find my favorite. It is kind of hard to remove when taking it off but the rain removes really quick. It don't last as long as a coating but in my opinion works better. Outlast RainX