autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is any one else waiting on pads? Best pad choice for BLACKFIRE One Step and 5.5 inch DA?

Well I've been waiting as paitently as possible. On the 10th of July I purchaced the 6 pack of the 5.5 inch Lake Country Force Hybrid Pads, as well as quite a few other things. Unfortunately a couple of pads were on backorder.

The orange light cutting and the white polishing pads.

My Autogeek customer service experience has been very good over the years. This is why I choose AG to order about 85 to 90 percent of my products and tools from.

Ironically I didn't think I'd need any of the other pads other than the orange white and red, but I'm glad I ordered the selection I did because now I need all but the black finishing pad.

I now have myself, two projects, and my best customer waiting on these pads.

I'm a little frustrated because my reputation is on the line here. I've got an extremely high standard to uphold, and there is a lot of competition in my area.

I don't want the reputation of taking to long to take care of my customers.

As I get myself built up again it will be easier to get them taken care of faster.

Here it is the 29th of July.

I don't think they are the right pads for my polisher as my polisher is a free spinning DA. I ordered the pads thinking I was getting a forced rotation machine based off of what the tool guy told me.

I tried to do little research on the machine before I bought it but couldn't find much info so I just had to go off of what the tool guy said.

Not a big deal, its probably still a good machine.

Oh well, I'll make it work.

As I'm writing this I think I may call AG and just see if they'll trade me what I've got for a better option.

Does anyone know of any high quality pads that will work great with my 5 inch free spinning DA, the BLACKFIRE One Step and 3D One?

Preferably Lake Country, but Im open to other high quality brands as well.

I need:

1 Heavy cutting pad
    1 Light cutting pad
    2 Polishing pads
    1 Finishing pad
    1 Waxing pad

I talked to one customer service rep around the 15th I believe, and another the other day. Maybe a couple of days ago.

Based on what what I can remember Is any one else waiting on pads? Best pad choice for BLACKFIRE One Step and 5.5 inch DA? the rep on or around the 15th said the pads would arrive at AG on the 17th then ship a few days later.

When I called a couple of days ago I believe she said they'd arrive on the 29th and then ship a few days later.

I sure hope they don't split up my next order on Friday because once I place that order I'll be on a financial deadline to get the more expensive package done for my best customer.

How has your experience been buying pads? Are they out everywhere? Is it just the Force Hybrid pads that are in high demand? Maybe a lot of people are polishing their's and others cars now.

I've called customer service twice today and just get the messege that they are in a meeting. Then it says to leave a message of which I never hear a beep to leave a messege. Then the after hours messege.

UPDATE: I was able to leave a messege with the PBMG after hours voicemail.

I HOPE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT MAKING THIS RIGHT WITH ME DURING THE MEETING.

I'm sure they will. Everything I've ordered from AG has helped me to detail at my highest level and produce amazing results. Not to mention all of the detailing knowledge and support I've gotten.

If AG Staff were to see this Id appreciate a call.
    405-208-0999

I'd like to trade you some more suitable pads for my polisher thay you have in stock so I can get
    my customer taken care of.

The three pads I've got are unused and still brand new in the package as pictured.

Not only does this guy have me detail his personal vehicles but he has me detail his customers vehicles as well.

I'd say he gives me 85 to 90 percent of my business. Never complains about the prices either, and gives me big tips too. Is any one else waiting on pads? Best pad choice for BLACKFIRE One Step and 5.5 inch DA?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is any one else waiting on pads? Best pad choice for BLACKFIRE One Step and 5.5 inch DA?

I use those pads and have plenty of them for my forced rotation polishers.

If you have a free spinning DA and wanting to stay with Lake Country, their thin pads along with their SDO pads are your better choice. The HDO were made specifically for long throw DA's. I converted my PC 7424 to a 3" and use it with the thin pro pads and have no issues.

Hope that helps!

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is any one else waiting on pads? Best pad choice for BLACKFIRE One Step and 5.5 inch DA?

Quote Originally Posted by Duy View Post
    I use those pads and have plenty of them for my forced rotation polishers.

If you have a free spinning DA and wanting to stay with Lake Country, their thin pads along with their SDO pads are your better choice. The HDO were made specifically for long throw DA's. I converted my PC 7424 to a 3" and use it with the thin pro pads and have no issues.

Hope that helps!
    Thank you so much! I'll see if I can trade them in when I get the opportunity. That helps a bunch!!!

5. Thanks Duy thanked for this post
    Likes Duy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used the pads you have above and the Lake Country 5.5" thin pro pads with my Porter Cable 7424XP. Honestly, they both worked. But, the thin pro pads seemed to rotate easier and if I were going to make another pad purchase, I'd spend my money on the thin pro pads.

-Adam

Post Thanks / Like

I use a combination of Flat Pads and Thin-Pro pads depending on the shape of the surface. Most of my work these days with my DA is done with Thin-Pro's.

I'm having a similar issue with a pad order, but with AG's sister site Autopia. I ordered both some thin pro's and a couple Griot's MF pads back in early June. They are still waiting on the MF pads to come in last I checked. Fortunately, I'm not a business and I can't do any real work until the weather cools off anyway.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update:

I talked with Michael the AG customer service rep and ended up getting it all worked out. I'll be using the HDO pads in the future, but for now will make due with the Force Hybrid pads. I ended up taking advantage of the BURST sale and got 25 percent off on big order I just made my order too!

I'm so exited to get my shipment!

I am happy with the way everything turned out and can't wait to get to polishing some paint!

I am especially exited to get my sister in law's hood polished out.

I purchaced the Lake Country 5.5 inch HDO Fiber Heavy Cutting pad this time around as I believe it may come in handy for my sister-in-law's hood as Mike has suggested.