Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
It’s really no different than working on cc paint if the wheels are clear coated just on a smaller scale. Need to pay attention to edges and watch the backing plate hitting the rim. I have the Rupes Nano and it’s THE tool for the job but I agree 100% with Eldo. It really is a lot of work pulling the rims and polishing rims and after I did it twice on my Durango RT I released it wasn’t worth it. I settled on doing as Eldo suggested and keep them clean, which with black wheels is a delicate process in itself.

Now if you were getting paid to do it I’d make sure to get bank,90% of the times people don’t spend the effort needed to CLEAN the wheels and I find the wheels to be the most neglected to where a “simple” cleaning won’t cut it and that needs to be gone over in your initial conversation with the customer. The wheels as you know should be very clean before the polishing, so it’s possible to spend 15-30 minutes per wheel just cleaning before the wheels are pulled and polished.

I know most times people with not much experience keep their prices low to build a clientele or spend a few minutes doing extras to go that extra mile but this is one area that you can get stuck losing a lot of time and effort by low balling. My suggestion to you is try it on your vehicle and see what’s involved
If I can be honest, all the cars I’ve detailed I’ve asked for low compensation.

I’m barely started and I feel I’m not qualified to charge more.

Furthermore, I’m in the process of getting my own 35 gallon water tank, and small generator to at least charge more.

Here are some before and after pics of my “details”. One day I will get better, but for now I feel the need to under charge.

Is anyone still doing interior details, with the virus going around?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline