autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DG AquaWax as drying aid for ceramic coating

Does anyone use DG Aquawax as a topper or drying aid for their cars that are ceramic coated? I was going through my detailing cabinet and saw that my bottle of AW had been pushed to the back. I decided to reach out to Jerry at Duragloss and he got back to me saying that AW is a fantastic topper and drying aid for ceramic coatings. Anyone have good results???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DG AquaWax as drying aid for ceramic coating

I’ve used it for my moms car bimonthly, her car was coated with Gloss Coat. I’ve found it rejuvenated and maintains the GC very well, GC had been a big let down to me compared to CQUK and CSL in terms of self cleaning and gloss levels. This combo definitely sheets faster,stays cleaner and has more gloss than either of them on their own. I’ve used AW a lot and it’s definitely isn’t just the AW showing all these benefits, I think there’s some synergy going on.

I typically like to just let the coating do it’s own thing but the GC needs help and like you I had this laying around at her house so I used it. May also try Griots 3 in 1 to see if there’s any difference. Try a panel and give it a shot

Post Thanks / Like

Well now I have to try this. I also have a spray bottle of AW and now need to try on my ceramic coated F150
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is interesting.

All I have read so far is that any non-coating specific products only "clog" a coating.

What a kick in the a$$ to the topping markets if the "lowly" and very inexpensive DG AquaWax is effective on even a few Lite coatings.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes DetailZeus, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting for sure. But for the price of TW HS WET WAX, i'll keep it all ceramic. And a bottle lasts a very long time.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Interesting for sure. But for the price of TW HS WET WAX, i'll keep it all ceramic. And a bottle lasts a very long time.
    And I don't blame you.

I'm just interested in the DG given the answers Pat received from Jerry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    I agree and have been using it on my truck that has the TW spray coating, the AW was just what I had on hand at my moms house. The GlossCoat was really lackluster so I gave it a try and have been using 2x a month since April or whenever I can make it by her house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    This thread is interesting.

All I have read so far is that any non-coating specific products only "clog" a coating.

What a kick in the a$$ to the topping markets if the "lowly" and very inexpensive DG AquaWax is effective on even a few Lite coatings.
    I agree, Reload and many others I’ve tried either sucked,was streaky or severally changed the water characteristics of the coating. The cheap TW,GG and Meguiars toppers have been effortlessly to apply and really amp up the sheeting/beading.

My moms car is parked outside,full sun 24/7 and I swear the AW is just as good, I was surprised but at 50 I know a winner when I see it. I got real tired of lugging my “good stuff” to her house and by luck I had some AW there

11. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    I agree, Reload and many others I’ve tried either sucked,was streaky or severally changed the water characteristics of the coating. The cheap TW,GG and Meguiars toppers have been effortlessly to apply and really amp up the sheeting/beading.

My moms car is parked outside,full sun 24/7 and I swear the AW is just as good, I was surprised but at 50 I know a winner when I see it. I got real tired of lugging my “good stuff” to her house and by luck I had some AW there
    Experiences like this are the exact reason I am staunchly still in the "Non-Coating" army.

In fact, as we march into battle, I am the one in the front waving the flag that has the Collinite 476s symbol..

My direct superior, Lt. Bob will sometimes sound the trumpet and have me raise the FK1000 flag, though.

13. Likes MAXBKS, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Experiences like this are the exact reason I am staunchly still in the "Non-Coating" army.

In fact, as we march into battle, I am the one in the front waving the flag that has the Collinite 476s symbol..

My direct superior, Lt. Bob will sometimes sound the trumpet and have me raise the FK1000 flag, though.
    Whoa there waving flags in these times is brave! As soon as the lackluster GlossCoat wears off I’m going back to Lt. Bobs method. My own personal vehicles I see the benefits of the coatings but I really,really,really dread the hubbub that’s coming with the new miracle products that contain graphene

15. Likes PaulMys, DetailZeus liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast