autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!

Congrats man! My wife and I are excited to be looking at something simliar to pull the trigger on in the coming years. Perhaps looking at somewhere in Tennessee but heck, it could still be somewhere here in Ohio even.

Modest house but a nice pole barn with a shop for our hobbies, business and more is definitely in the plans.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Misterpaul, DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Congrats man! My wife and I are excited to be looking at something simliar to pull the trigger on in the coming years. Perhaps looking at somewhere in Tennessee but heck, it could still be somewhere here in Ohio even.

Modest house but a nice pole barn with a shop for our hobbies, business and more is definitely in the plans.
    We have a two year and a six year plan to get out of the failed state of Illinois and more land and a pole barn are aBIG part of the plan.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

4. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great update, Justin!

I remember your original thread on the property. That is going to be a sweet shop.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    We have a two year and a six year plan to get out of the failed state of Illinois and more land and a pole barn are aBIG part of the plan.
    Good Luck! My wife and I just finished our 5 winter in AZ. Our 2 IL friends are looking to pull the plug and go full time. We’re trying to find a larger home/garages to merge into. The car scene in PHX is really busy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!! Saw your inside tour thread as well. Very nice shop.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say man, that’s pretty damn perfect in my eyes. Everyone getting to do what they enjoy while all still being close to each other. Very happy for you and your family!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    Thats exactly the next plan. To insulate the walls and ceiling then have a HVAC system installed this fall.
    That's the way to do it. I see you already have the cement floor, so too late now, but I put radiant floor heat in mine and it is amazing! Nothing like having a warm concrete floor when you're laying under something working on it. I'm looking into adding some mini splits for AC and to heat in the fall when it isn't really cold enough to warrant starting the radiant system yet.

If you haven't purchased your insulation yet, you might want to look into getting large rolls of insulation directly from Morton. They have rolls that are the exact width to fit between the poles. This makes hanging the insulation really fast and easy and you get a solid piece of insulation covering the entire opening with no seams. They have them for all pole spacings, 7'6", 8' and 9'. You might be able to find it somewhere else too, but I found Morton to be reasonably priced and the easiest way to get it.

I went with 3/4" plywood 8' high on the walls and then sheetmetal for the rest of the wall and ceiling. The wood makes it easier to attach things to the wall and also helps reduce noise/echoing.

Here is a picture of the insulation label and a few pics of my barn throughout the finishing process:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-insulation-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-1-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-2-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-3-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-4-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-5-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-6-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-7-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-8-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-9-jpg  

Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-10-jpg   Final Inspection Auto Detailing moves into a new shop!!!-barn-11-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12