autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

FK-1000P/BWM-01 over Klasse sealant, for winter prep

I detailed one of my vehicles with Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant. I will be detailing another one in next couple of days.

I will be performing a rinseless wash on both the vehicles using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash every weekend and going to apply KlasseAct's Frankendetailer (1oz of Rinseless wash and 2 oz of Klasse Sealant per gallon of distilled water).

While everyone claims that Klasse Sealant lasts over the winter, its not my experience. Last year, it was gone by mid Feb. My enthusiasm fades away very quickly once the temperatures drop due my Raynauds. So I am thinking of winter prep right now so that I can plan accordingly.

I am thinking of applying 2-3 coats of FK-1000P by hand, starting September, before the fall begins (creates a lot of wind and dust and I don't have a garage).

Should I be doing any prep before FK-1000P application, or its OK to apply on Klasse Sealant?

I am going to take efforts to wash car at least once of month to get rid of the salt at a coin-op self wash. What quick detailer can go on top after washing? Use of Frankendetailer makes sense or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FK-1000P/BWM-01 over Klasse sealant, for winter prep

If you want the best longevity do a standard decon treatment first before applying any wax or sealant. Start by washing car, do iron treatment then clay bar. I don't think you would apply FK with Klasse. They are dissimilar. If you go with Klasse use Sonus acrylic spritz after every wash. It's made from the same German Acrylic polymer as Klasse. It will boost your Klasse protection and keep the Klasse protection topped off. I use the Acryic spritz as a drying aid after every wash. Acrylic spritz can be used on a dry or wet car and won't streak.

If you go with FK then I defer to one of the experts here as I have never used it.

Sonus Acrylic Spritz Quick Detail Spray, quick detailer, instant detailer, acrylic detail spray
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Acylic Spray Wax is another option for topping Klasse.

The f you’re going with FK1000p and just want brute strength protection, there are many spray waxes you could top with, just to name a few:
    OCW
    DG Aquawax
    Sonax BSD
    SiO2 Maintenance Spray such as BF SiO2 Spray Sealant
    WG Fuzion Spray Wax

If you don’t want to mask FK too much (which I don’t think should matter if you want durability) you could use FK425 QD which has a bit of protection and compliments FK1000p to some degree, I believe (Ive only used FK425 on other LSPs though).

4. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Ultima Acylic Spray Wax is another option for topping Klasse.
    Yes, Ultima spray wax is excellent stuff. I use it frequently. Great beading with good contact angle and decent longevity. It lasts a bit longer than either Sonus Glanz or Sonus Acrylic Spritz.

The only downside with Ultima spray wax is that it's not as user friendly as either of the Sonus spray on's. No matter how careful I am applying it there are always a few panels I have to respray because there is some streaking when I do my final walk around. The streaks are easy to remove but it takes extra time looking at all the panels from every angle to make sure they are perfect. Both Sonus products never streak. So all are good, just a bit different to apply.

I think the Ultima flashes quicker than Sonus and that's where the little bit of streaking comes from. But everything flashes quick here in South Florida.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

6. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

•Both Klasse HGSG and FK1000P are Sealants.

•Being that as it is: I would entirely forego using
    the Klasse HGSG...and apply the FK1000P directly
    on top of the Klasse AIO instead.

•Or, for a more personal first-hand experience:
    -You could always do a couple of “test spots”,
    with different combinations of these last step
    products (LSPs), in order to see what most
    satisfies the “eye of the beholder”...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

8. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    If you want the best longevity do a standard decon treatment first before applying any wax or sealant. Start by washing car, do iron treatment then clay bar.
    I am sorry, I should have been clear upfront. I did perform chemical and mechanical decon before Klasse twins application and I do plan to perform for another car too.

Thank you for the warning about Ultima spray wax. I will have to go with idiot-proof spray. My issue with Raynaud can get so bad that I may have to quit buffing in the middle and get back to car to warm up before proceeding.

Thank you acuRAS82 for various options.

Bob,
    We have a limited storage space so maybe I can get a couple of LSPs to try out.

10. Likes dennis b liked this post