autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Interior Products - Just Unpacked

Interior Products - Just Unpacked-interior-jpg

I read the comments and it seems like and 303 protectant and Meguiars quick interior detailer are popular here for cleaning and protecting interiors. I bought 16 oz. bottles of each to try them out and I agree. These arrived today courtesy of the recent 25% flash sale. Thanks, all.

Mike Phillips

Re: Interior Products - Just Unpacked

Just to comment...

Both are stellar products.

I've shared the story about the history or the why Meguiar's introduced the QID a few times on this forum.

Super safe on any interior surface. When I proctor the IDA Skills Validation testing, not only do I test people but I also "teach" people as my personal goal is to help them to make sure they are as knowledgeable as possible in this industry.

Here's how this applies to the Meguiar's QID - I ask each person I test if they have this product or a similar product? If they say "no" then I tell them why they should have this product or a similar product in their detailing arsenal.

I actually do this with a number of product. That is share them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Products - Just Unpacked

Thanks for the affirmation, Mike. That says a lot.

Regarding 303, I found this quote online regarding automotive/marine/aviation labeling:

"Here is the answer I received from the manufacturer, "The only difference between the two products mentioned is simply the label. They have different labels for different markets but these are the exact same formula and mode of application. So whichever one you choose will be a great choice"."

The reason I have both products is to use Meguiars as an interior cleaner/protectant and the more expensive 303 as a maintenance protectant when cleaning is not necessary for both interior and exterior.

I'm also using 303 for exterior trim and tires after cleaning. I haven't tried 303 on headlights and taillights. I'm guessing it is OK for those as it doesn't seem to impair clarity. Here in NorCal we don't have heat or humidity like some parts of the country but we do have a lot of UV exposure because it is always sunny here for three seasons and partially sunny during winter. Yellow headlights are a severe problem here.