autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bmw x3 2019 steering wheel scratch help?

Well this steering wheel got rubbed from many things (cardboard, my fingernails, clothes buttons etc) and survived all of it until recently. I think it might be my samsung smart watch with bezels but not sure. Used leather conditioning and thought it would miraculously disappear but didnt (helped smooth it though)

Anyway to fix this or some kit out there?

Youtube seems to have not much dyi as it seems steering wheel fixes like this is quite hard. I detail my car so things like this bother me Bmw x3 2019 steering wheel scratch help?-img_0726-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bmw x3 2019 steering wheel scratch help?

I don't have a solution for you.

Do you know the material that's on the wheel? Maybe coated leather or coated synthetic of some sort?

I would be hesitant to try too many methods of fixing it too quickly. Too easy to make it worse.

Sometimes, it takes awhile (and applications) for nourishing products to do the most they can.

Have you had the vehicle outside on a warm/hot day yet. A lot of plastic products will do some self healing with heat.

3. Thanks animescreen thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With time the abrasion from you touching it / wiping it will make it less noticeable. But can’t completely fix it unless you replace the leather. Some people use a magic eraser, which is abrasive, to try and level it a little more but if done incorrectly it will make things worse.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    I don't have a solution for you.

Do you know the material that's on the wheel? Maybe coated leather or coated synthetic of some sort?

I would be hesitant to try too many methods of fixing it too quickly. Too easy to make it worse.

Sometimes, it takes awhile (and applications) for nourishing products to do the most they can.

Have you had the vehicle outside on a warm/hot day yet. A lot of plastic products will do some self healing with heat.
    I dont know what kind it isbut smoothing it with leather conditioner and and massaging it helped but still has tiny indents do i just fill this with some leather kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is anything you can fill with (and probably wouldn't use the product if there was).

I would give it time. A well conditioned plastic, a few hot days where the interior heats up and the massaging of your hands as you drive is probably going to help. Especially if they are indents (no material removed).

Like I said, I don't have a solution. I just have some ideas that may help and some advice that will keep you from trying too much and making it worse.