autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any durabilty reports on TW Ceramic Spray

TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray has been out for some time now. i can not find any reviews on multi month durability. TW claims up to 12 months and I'm wondering what real world lasting ability is.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any durabilty reports on TW Ceramic Spray

Loach aka WaxMode on youtube is doing a durability test between the turtle wax ceramic and the griots ceramic. He recently did a video providing a 3 month update and the turtle wax ceramic is still kickin' but definitely a step behind the griots product.

3. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say it anytime i can.... Griots Ceramic 3-1 is a step above anything in its price class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Funny I should read this. Tomorrow the 4th i will be giving my stepson’s Kia Soul it’s first proper detail since September, when I put 2 coats of Hybrid Solutions on it, then in January it went to Chicago to live. Since then it has had a handful of touch less washes, throughout the Chicago winter. To my knowledge this is the longest term test on a real car, in real world conditions. The Chicago winter part is a bonus torture test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Funny I should read this. Tomorrow the 4th i will be giving my stepson’s Kia Soul it’s first proper detail since September, when I put 2 coats of Hybrid Solutions on it, then in January it went to Chicago to live. Since then it has had a handful of touch less washes, throughout the Chicago winter. To my knowledge this is the longest term test on a real car, in real world conditions. The Chicago winter part is a bonus torture test.
    How did the TW Ceramic Spray hold up?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had TW on since February 10th, 18 rinseless washes and 7 2 bucket method washes. I’ve used the Wet Wax once a month and the coating is holding up very good, I’d say it sheets,beads and self cleans at about 90% ish since application. Truck is garage kept and with the COVID situation I have only 1400 miles on it in 5 months. I’m a huge CQUK fan and if you ask me how they compare I’d say the UK is clearly superior in terms of gloss and self cleaning but for the price and stupid easy application I really like the TW

8. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll also add that I’ve had no issues with water spots, bird crap etchings or any other fallout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    .... for the price and stupid easy application I really like the TW
    Though I'm not a good candidate for a long term tester since I apply either the Wet Wax, 3 in 1 Detailer or even the Spray Coating (because of the "Stupid Easy" application) multiple times monthly, I really do like the Hybrid Solutions Line - though I have yet to try the Wash & Wax.

The only "down" side I've noticed is dew formation - it gets dew formation very quickly. Since I work nights, this is very obvious to me, especially since it's been so warm and humid lately. I get to work usually around 11 pm and after parking for a few minutes, the dew is really starting to form on my upper panels. Sometimes it's pretty heavy and beads off, which can leave streaks in the dust that's on the car. The dew always burns off quickly in the morning and the dust streaking is barely visible, but with my OCD, *I* notice it.

Washing is always easy and the bugs I've collected on the front end and windshield throughout my driving most always just rinse off with little to no agitation with a soapy wash mitt needed.

P.S. I've found that using the Spray Coating on exterior glass works VERY well. There is some streaking mostly visible at night or with certain angles of direct sunlight, BUT, If you let it cure for a couple of hours, then go over the glass with 50/50 IPA, a Magic Eraser and a microfiber, the streaks are gone and the water repellent behavior seeminly unaffected.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using both the Hybrid ceramic and the Seal n Shine. Quite frankly the Seal n Shine has survived longer than the ceramic. I will get great hydophobic properties and slickness out of the ceramic for about a month. The Seal n Shine goes on for about 5 months. The next spray on coating that I will try will be the Griots.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to wash it right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast