autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    Member joebruin77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    I am about to run out of my Meguiars D115 Express Wash and Wax. It has been my go to favorite waterless wash but I am in the mood to try something different. We are a two car family. My car has PPF and my wife's does not. Neither car has a ceramic coating, but both do have a ceramic-infused spray sealant. I was thinking of Ultima Waterless Wash or Griot's Garage Waterless Spray on Car Wash. Or should I try one of the newer ceramic-infused waterless washes?

    I am looking for one that cleans well, leaves behind a lot of gloss, and is a relatively good value, although it does not have to be the cheapest on the market. I'm willing to pay a bit more if the product is outstanding in how well it cleans without scratching and in how much gloss and shine it leaves behind.

    I welcome your suggestions.

    Thanks for your help,
    joebruin77

  2. #2
    Senior Member C5Longhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    I still use ONR and Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash. I've been happy with both of them.

    Rick

    Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    2,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    Ech2O aligns with your LSPs. It’s not my favorite but is my favorite ceramic infused one.

    As far as cleaning and gloss, my favorite is BF WW. As far as gloss alone, my favorite is Pinnacle WW w/ carnauba. Both may slightly mask your LSPs but probably not by much.

    Slightly below those two for me are WG Uber (less gloss though, but amazing versatility and value and ease) and Ultima WW+ (lots of gloss, rivaling Pinnacle without any trace of carnauba).

    Note: I’m not including RTU like WG SiO2 WW and PA Cosmic because there isn’t value there, but I use both happily as drying aids. If money was no object then they might be tops, but value of the previous mentioned choices is sooo much greater.

  4. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
  5. #4
    Senior Member Route246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal - San Mateo County
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    Uber. Never heard a bad word said about Uber.

  6. Likes joebruin77, PaulMys liked this post
  7. #5
    Member joebruin77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I still use ONR and Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash. I've been happy with both of them.

    Rick

    Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Rick. I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I agree with you on ONR for rinseless washes, which is my go to rinseless wash. But what do you use for waterless washes? I don't always have the time for a rinseless. If you have any suggestions for your favorite waterless wash, please lmk.

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Ech2O aligns with your LSPs. It’s not my favorite but is my favorite ceramic infused one.

    As far as cleaning and gloss, my favorite is BF WW. As far as gloss alone, my favorite is Pinnacle WW w/ carnauba. Both may slightly mask your LSPs but probably not by much.

    Slightly below those two for me are WG Uber (less gloss though, but amazing versatility and value and ease) and Ultima WW+ (lots of gloss, rivaling Pinnacle without any trace of carnauba).

    Note: I’m not including RTU like WG SiO2 WW and PA Cosmic because there isn’t value there, but I use both happily as drying aids. If money was no object then they might be tops, but value of the previous mentioned choices is sooo much greater.
    Thank you, acuRAS82 . I will check out those you suggested. Have you had any experience using a WW with carnauba in it on PPF? I like the idea of the Pinnacle WW, but I wasn't sure if carnauba should be used on PPF. Please lmk if you have any experience with a WW containing carnauba on PPF. Thx!

  8. #6
    Senior Member BSoares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Exton, PA
    Posts
    1,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    I currently use McKee's 37 N-914. I've used ONR and Uber before but N-914 is better than both of those. I have used Ech2o a couple of times and it was fine. Although I didn't see any streaking with Ech2o I know it can happen so I continue using N-914 as it's cheaper and does a great job.

    BTW, I've only used those as rinseless wash. I've never done a full waterless wash, just spot treatment on bird bombs or something like that. I just can't trust to do a whole car with waterless.
    Bruno Soares


  9. #7
    Senior Member acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    2,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    Thank you, acuRAS82 . I will check out those you suggested. Have you had any experience using a WW with carnauba in it on PPF? I like the idea of the Pinnacle WW, but I wasn't sure if carnauba should be used on PPF. Please lmk if you have any experience with a WW containing carnauba on PPF. Thx!
    Unfortunately I don’t have any experiences on PPF, carnauba or otherwise. Great question though. It only has very trace amounts obviously but definitely could be an impact.

    Hopefully someone with experience can see this and give their thoughts shortly.

  10. #8
    Member joebruin77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I currently use McKee's 37 N-914. I've used ONR and Uber before but N-914 is better than both of those. I have used Ech2o a couple of times and it was fine. Although I didn't see any streaking with Ech2o I know it can happen so I continue using N-914 as it's cheaper and does a great job.

    BTW, I've only used those as rinseless wash. I've never done a full waterless wash, just spot treatment on bird bombs or something like that. I just can't trust to do a whole car with waterless.
    Thanks for your reply and I get why you are concerned about using a WW. On my wife's car, which does not have any PPF, I only do a waterless wash if it has very light dust. Anything more than that, I do a rinseless wash. On my car, which has Xpel PPF over the entire car, I am a bit more aggressive in using a waterless wash. If the WW induces any swirls or scratches, the PPF will self heal and protect the paint as designed.

  11. Likes BSoares liked this post
  12. #9
    Member joebruin77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t have any experiences on PPF, carnauba or otherwise. Great question though. It only has very trace amounts obviously but definitely could be an impact.

    Hopefully someone with experience can see this and give their thoughts shortly.
    My concern about carnauba on PPF may be outdated. When PPF first came out many years ago, I think there was a concern that carnauba would cause premature yellowing of the PPF. But I am hoping and guessing that the latest and more advanced PPF's are not harmed or damaged by carnauba. I still avoid applying any waxes with naphtha or kerosene on my PPF, but I am ok with carnauba. But if anyone else reading this has direct knowledge or experience in using carnauba-infused WW's on PPF, please post a reply.

  13. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
  14. #10
    Senior Member bfielder32087's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    441
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

    McKees 37 N-914. I've used all of the major players in the RW and WW world. ONR, Uber, Ech2o and N-914 is definitely the best.

    I don't do a lot of WW because I was never a big fan of them but N-914 works really great as a WW.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

  15. Thanks joebruin77 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite Waterless Wash
    By HockeyCrazi in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 10-28-2019, 06:44 PM
  2. Favorite Waterless Wash MF Towel?
    By spewking in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 08:48 AM
  3. Favorite Rinsless, Waterless Wash?
    By kochdalton87 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 04:02 AM
  4. What's your favorite WW (waterless wash)?
    By davidc11291 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 10:56 AM
  5. Whats your favorite Waterless Wash?
    By cbsb in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 09:56 AM

Members who have read this thread: 94

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» August 2020

S M T W T F S
262728293031 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 12345