autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your current favorite waterless wash?

Ech2O is my favorite these days all thought I did try the new one from Pinnacle Black Label and found it to be really good too. I did a review over in the product review area.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3D Waterless Wash has been incredible. I use it on my Outlander that's topped with Opti-seal 1-2 times a week. And once a month get's foamed with Griots Foaming surface wash and poly gloss. It also works well as a drying agent I found after blowing the car off. It's 10 year old paint, so lots of road wear, but still looks good at 3 feet away with a polish from Menzerna Superfinish, and all the above

4. Likes joebruin77, driggett liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang SI02 WW would be choice number one for me. Cleans well, pretty easy to buff off (considering the SI02) and leaves great gloss and protection. Currently on sale.

Runner up would be Meguiar's UWWA. Extremely easy to use and can be found anywhere. The new UQW on top gives an incredible look in my eyes.

6. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Wolfgang SI02 WW would be choice number one for me. Cleans well, pretty easy to buff off (considering the SI02) and leaves great gloss and protection. Currently on sale.

Runner up would be Meguiar's UWWA. Extremely easy to use and can be found anywhere. The new UQW on top gives an incredible look in my eyes.
    Price being no object, WG SiO2 is probably my favorite too. My fingers are crossed that maybe they make a concentrated version in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    My fingers are crossed that maybe they make a concentrated version in the near future.
    Until then, gallon format is available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I still use ONR and Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash. I've been happy with both of them.

Rick

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I'm another one that mostly does rinseless washes. I do use the WG Uber as a detail spray which is similar to WW and have been very pleased with it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

10. Thanks joebruin77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Price being no object, WG SiO2 is probably my favorite too. My fingers are crossed that maybe they make a concentrated version in the near future.
    I did check out WG SiO2 WW. It looks like a great product, but I took a look at the cost per wash. I usually use about 750 ml of WW solution for my car. Based on the cost for 128 oz on Autogeek, the cost per wash for WG SiO2 is about $13.85 a wash. By comparison, the cost for my old Meguiars D-115 is about $3.60 a wash. I am not sure if the WG is worth an extra $10 per wash.

I think I will limit my search to waterless wash solutions available in concentrate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I did check out WG SiO2 WW. It looks like a great product, but I took a look at the cost per wash. I usually use about 750 ml of WW solution for my car. Based on the cost for 128 oz on Autogeek, the cost per wash for WG SiO2 is about $13.85 a wash. By comparison, the cost for my old Meguiars D-115 is about $3.60 a wash. I am not sure if the WG is worth an extra $10 per wash.

I think I will limit my search to waterless wash solutions available in concentrate.
    I agree. I have a gallon but only use it as a QD for touch ups or drying aids. Too costly for me to use 20+ oz per wash even by the gallon price (granted you can get the gallon a lot cheaper on sale).

13. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I have a gallon but only use it as a QD for touch ups or drying aids. Too costly for me to use 20+ oz per wash even by the gallon price (granted you can get the gallon a lot cheaper on sale).
    I find it interesting and helpful to calculate the cost per wash at the recommended dilution rations across these waterless washes. For example, if I assume each wash uses 750 ml of solution, Optimum's Opticlean concentrate costs about $3.17 per wash, Meguiar's D-115 costs $3.60 a wash, and Ultima Waterless Wash costs about 70 cents per wash. Ultima is the winner in terms of value, but I wonder if given that only 1/2 an ounce of concentrate is in the Ultima wash solution, is there a higher risk of inducing scratches with Ultima compared to say Opticlean or D115, which have much higher percentages of concentrate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    Ultima is the winner in terms of value, but I wonder if given that only 1/2 an ounce of concentrate is in the Ultima wash solution, is there a higher risk of inducing scratches with Ultima compared to say Opticlean or D115, which have much higher percentages of concentrate?
    This should not be the case. Trust the manufacturer’s dilution ratios and determine which product is a better lubricant as a completely separate metric than what the cost is. I’ve seen WWs that are 1:16 which aren’t as lubricating as a 1:48 (BF WW). I’ve seen WWs that are quite lubricating at 1:128.

So only use the dilution scale for calculating value (and for guesstimating shelf space needed). The scientists for each brand determine what amount of a concentrate should be providing the best combination of cleaning, lubrications, and gloss (if applicable).

16. Thanks joebruin77 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast