autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONRWW rinseless wash advice

What if the water from bucket collects dirt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    What if the water from bucket collects dirt?
    It shouldn’t, because all you’re ever doing is pulling out fresh clean wet towels out of the bucket and putting the gamma seal lid back on it.

3. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, TrustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't wrong out the towel at all. If it drips, it drips. More lubrication is always better, I don't really trust ONR to be honest, because I used to use ONR with BRS, and I pre-treated quite liberally. I used it on top of glosscoat, and I found swirl marks a year later.

Different car, never used ONR on it, used another Rinseless with the towels and found no issues.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Will sports, what brand product do you now use? I also thrift ONR was over rated your reply confirmed it. This is why I ask the dumbest question, the smallest detail make the biggest difference.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So i’m thinkin marolex sprayer with ONR and distilled agua pre treat with some dwell time, if I can find a nice cool overcast day I can just pre treat entire vehicle otherwise panel by panel top down. If the car is super cruddy hose it off first. Then i will have a gallon with ONRWW diluted with distilled and 5 or 6 creature microfibers in it and a separate bucket to dump the dirty microfibers, and just go to town folding the microfibers in squares wringing out to lightly dripping, and then first pass is to apply ONRWW then dry with microfiber or do I do a second pass with a clean MF section and ONRWW and then dry and then after entire car is gone over do I use remaining solution for wheels and tires? Maybe touch up with an instant detailer as needed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wyclef View Post
    So i’m thinkin marolex sprayer with ONR and distilled agua pre treat with some dwell time, if I can find a nice cool overcast day I can just pre treat entire vehicle otherwise panel by panel top down. If the car is super cruddy hose it off first. Then i will have a gallon with ONRWW diluted with distilled and 5 or 6 creature microfibers in it and a separate bucket to dump the dirty microfibers, and just go to town folding the microfibers in squares wringing out to lightly dripping, and then first pass is to apply ONRWW then dry with microfiber or do I do a second pass with a clean MF section and ONRWW and then dry and then after entire car is gone over do I use remaining solution for wheels and tires? Maybe touch up with an instant detailer as needed?
    Sounds like a good plan. I would incorporate more towels, 10ish. Using remainder on wheels is perfect. If using onr i would use that at waterless dilution for spot treating.

Route i started and one thing i would definitely recommend is upgradimg from creatures. I didnt like the short nap side of the towels for rinseless washing. The 350 or 500 eagle edgeless are perfect for rinslessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Route i started and one thing i would definitely recommend is upgradimg from creatures. I didnt like the short nap side of the towels for rinseless washing. The 350 or 500 eagle edgeless are perfect for rinslessing.
    Funny how different experiences can be. I actually threw away the handful of eagle edgeless towels I had because I disliked them so much.

The creature, to me, is almost the perfect towel. When I rinseless wash with it I use the plush sides to go over a panel. When all the sides are used up, I wring it out, and use the short nap sides to do most of my drying. Then I follow up with a drying towel to finish off whatever’s left. Not usually worried about picking up dirt or debris since I use my pressure washer to rinse my car beforehand.

I tried the eagles for detail sprays, polish removal, prep wipe, you name it. Just could never really dial in a use for them.

Part of me thinks TRC edgeless 350 might be their perfect towel for me to use for everything, just gotta buy some eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

ONRWW rinseless wash advice

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Funny how different experiences can be. I actually threw away the handful of eagle edgeless towels I had because I disliked them so much.

The creature, to me, is almost the perfect towel. When I rinseless wash with it I use the plush sides to go over a panel. When all the sides are used up, I wring it out, and use the short nap sides to do most of my drying. Then I follow up with a drying towel to finish off whatever’s left. Not usually worried about picking up dirt or debris since I use my pressure washer to rinse my car beforehand.

I tried the eagles for detail sprays, polish removal, prep wipe, you name it. Just could never really dial in a use for them.

Part of me thinks TRC edgeless 350 might be their perfect towel for me to use for everything, just gotta buy some eventually.

Rinseless with a EE 500 (I use about 10) Hydrate as a drying aid.... dry with a PFM.... perfection. I’ve tried both the Creatures and the Edgeless 350.... i liked creatures better but i like a longer nap.

Just ordered in the 16x16 pluffles to try....

Feel like a bootleg Fly07sti with my mini towel hoard

Edit: I have not tried Eagle edgeless 350 I have the edgeless 365’s. I’ll have to try the EE 350’s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Rinseless with a EE 500 (I use about 10) Hydrate as a drying aid.... dry with a PFM.... perfection. I’ve tried both the Creatures and the Edgeless 350.... i liked creatures better but i like a longer nap.

Just ordered in the 16x16 pluffles to try....

Feel like a bootleg Fly07sti with my mini towel hoard

Edit: I have not tried Eagle edgeless 350 I have the edgeless 365’s. I’ll have to try the EE 350’s

I guess in my sleepy haze last night I had the towels mixed up in my head. I was actually thinking of the edgeless 365 being my towel soulmate. To me they look like a less plush creature, which would also be appealing to me. I’d like to buy some to try/go all in replacing some of my other towels with those or more creature edgeless, but I’m trying to find somewhere I could donate my older towels to.

Maybe an animal shelter or something, idk. Feels bad to just throw them away (my eagles were an exception, that was therapeutic for me, lol)

Does the longer nap not end up snagging on your paint? That’s my biggest issue with using something like the EE or minx. As soon as moisture was introduced to the situation they would start dragging on the paint and linting. Was super frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I guess in my sleepy haze last night I had the towels mixed up in my head. I was actually thinking of the edgeless 365 being my towel soulmate. To me they look like a less plush creature, which would also be appealing to me. I’d like to buy some to try/go all in replacing some of my other towels with those or more creature edgeless, but I’m trying to find somewhere I could donate my older towels to.

Maybe an animal shelter or something, idk. Feels bad to just throw them away (my eagles were an exception, that was therapeutic for me, lol)

Does the longer nap not end up snagging on your paint? That’s my biggest issue with using something like the EE or minx. As soon as moisture was introduced to the situation they would start dragging on the paint and linting. Was super frustrating.

I have heard of the linting but haven’t had an issue. Mine came direct fromTRC. I have notice differences from ones (not EE)I got from Amazon vs TRC.

The were everests and pluffle. Dont know if less quality but looked different, maybe old stock vs new?

I love the creatures at first was a great starter towel but they broke down on me fast.

The 365gsm’s are definitely a better quality and shorter nap on the fluffy side.

13. Likes Finick liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast