autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried IGL Renew F4 for the first time today

I tried IGL Renew F4 for the first time today on my wife's Honda Accord. For anyone not famliar with Renew F4, it is a graphene-infused paint cleaner/rejuvinator/ and protectant all in one. It does not contain any abrasives but it is supposed to fix and fill minor blemishes before laying down a layer of graphene protection.

I did a rinseless wash using Mckees 37 N-914, used a clay bar with N-914 as the lube, and then a final wipe down using the paint prep dilution strength of N-914. I applied the Renew F4 using a Torque DA polisher with a black polishing pad. Overall, I really liked the product. It was easy to work with and the paint was super glossy and felt very slick. I am going to let it cure for 24 hours and then tomorrow I am going to apply IGL Premier, which is their SiO2 spray sealant and recommended topper for Renew F4. The combo of Renew F4 and Premier is supposed to be outstanding, so I am excited to try the Premier tomorrow.

One specific unexpected benefit was on the headlights. The car's headlights were heavily oxidized and I was planning on buying a headlight restoration kit. I applied the Renew F4 to the headlight and 90% of the oxidation is gone.

I posted a pic of the car as well as one of the headlight after the oxidation was removed.I tried IGL Renew F4 for the first time today-headlight-honda-jpgI tried IGL Renew F4 for the first time today-honda-jpg

Mike Phillips

Re: I tried IGL Renew F4 for the first time today

Looks great!

F4 is a product I need to use and write a review for but so far I just haven't had the right test car for it.

Also - I'm not sure why but your above post was in the Moderation Queue? I approved it so now everyone can see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Looks great!

F4 is a product I need to use and write a review for but so far I just haven't had the right test car for it.

Also - I'm not sure why but your above post was in the Moderation Queue? I approved it so now everyone can see it.

Thank you, Mike. Much appreciated! I would love to hear your thoughts on this product once you have a chance to test it out.

I did come across one concern. The IGL website says F4 is PPF and Vinyl safe. But when I looked up the actual chemicals in it, IGL says that F4 contains Naphtha. I have Xpel PPF and Xpel's website says that Naphtha is bad for PPF. So I am hesitant to use F4 on my PPF even though the IGL website says it is PPF safe. Perhaps the concentration of Naphtha is small enough that it won't harm the PPF?

Do you have any thoughts on whether or not F4 is safe to use on PPF?

Thank you,
    joebruin77

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    Thank you, Mike. Much appreciated! I would love to hear your thoughts on this product once you have a chance to test it out.

I did come across one concern. The IGL website says F4 is PPF and Vinyl safe. But when I looked up the actual chemicals in it, IGL says that F4 contains Naphtha. I have Xpel PPF and Xpel's website says that Naphtha is bad for PPF. So I am hesitant to use F4 on my PPF even though the IGL website says it is PPF safe. Perhaps the concentration of Naphtha is small enough that it won't harm the PPF?

Do you have any thoughts on whether or not F4 is safe to use on PPF?

Thank you,
    joebruin77
    If IGL said its PPF and Vinyl safe..what better source.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really good, nice car. Pretty color! Post an update after Premier is applied.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Was the Accord wearing a previous coating, or F4 was applied to clean paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If IGL said its PPF and Vinyl safe..what better source.
    I see what you mean, but in this case, there is conflicting info. IGL is saying it is PPF safe, but Xpel, the manufacturer of the PPF, says you should not apply anything with Naphtha (5% or greater concentration). Nearly all PPF safe sealants and waxes I have seen do not have any naphtha in them, so that is why I am a little confused and a bit concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Was the Accord wearing a previous coating, or F4 was applied to clean paint?
    There was no coating. The only protection on the paint was an SiO2 spray sealant (it is not sold on Autogeek or else I would name it). The clay bar and wipe down with the N-914 at paint-prep strength should have removed the sealant. So the F4 was applied to clean, bare paint.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.xpel.com/web-assets/down...alant_V1.1.pdf
    There’s Naphta in Xpel’s own sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I see what you mean, but in this case, there is conflicting info. IGL is saying it is PPF safe, but Xpel, the manufacturer of the PPF, says you should not apply anything with Naphtha (5% or greater concentration). Nearly all PPF safe sealants and waxes I have seen do not have any naphtha in them, so that is why I am a little confused and a bit concerned.
    Call or e-mail IGL and express your concerns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast