autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeking Recomendations for Paint Sealants to use on PPF Film.

Does anyone have to some suggestions on Paint Sealants that work well with Xpel Ultimate Film? For moment I want to avoid going using a "Coating" and stick with a Sealant. Strangely I can’t seem to find information on this particular subject. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeking Recomendations for Paint Sealants to use on PPF Film.

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you google "autogeek online ppf" you'll come up with a number of hits.
    First off, if you have Xpel, it will already have a coating that is makes up the self-healing properties. I would suggest that you contact Xpel and find out what they recommend for maintenance.

But not to over complicate things, most sealants (i.e Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0) would probably be just fine. But you'll probably find it isn't required, as when you wash your vehicle you should notice good hydrophobic properties already.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pfgray2008 View Post
    Does anyone have to some suggestions on Paint Sealants that work well with Xpel Ultimate Film? For moment I want to avoid going using a "Coating" and stick with a Sealant. Strangely I can’t seem to find information on this particular subject. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
    I had Xpel Ultimate PPF applied to my entire car 1 1/2 years ago and, like you, decided to not install a ceramic coating. First, I tried Xpel's own paint sealant. The one thing I did not like about their sealant is that it is a white liquid. You have to be very careful about wiping it away from any PPF edges or else it will get caught under the edge. So from that experience, I learned that I prefer a clear spray sealant. I suggest a PPF-safe ceramic-infused spray sealant such as IGL Premier. I am guessing that any ceramic-infused spray sealant such as those by Blackfire or Wolgfang would work well. Just make sure the sealant you choose is PPF safe.

Xpel's website gives detailed instructions for after care. They say you should not use any sealants or waxes that contain naphtha or kerosene. If you email Xpel customer service, they will send you a list of sealants and waxes they have tested and approved for use on their PPF film.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have to some suggestions
    on Paint Sealants that work well with Xpel
    Ultimate Film?

For moment I want to avoid going using
    a "Coating" and stick with a Sealant.
    •Since XPel recommends them (and I don’t
    want to chance voiding the PPF’s Warranty)
    I use either of the following Sealants on my
    XPel Utilmate PPF:

-XPel Flawless Finish Sealant
    -PF1 Crystalline Sealant

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeking Recomendations for Paint Sealants to use on PPF Film.

My whole car is wrapped in Xpel and I’ve tried Fictech One a 1yr simple wipe on and off coating, tried toppers like Sonax BSD, P&S Bead Maker, none of them appeared to bond well beyond a few contact washes. The latest was topping it with Fictech Supercharged Ceramic Booster and I like the water behavior and slickness. None of these brands I tried say anything about how it plays with PPF until I came across Nanolex SiSplash. SiSplash is interesting as it works on glass and darkens black trim. On the bottle is says it bonds with PPF.

When I calculated how much I was spending on spray on products after wash I decided to go two coats of Gtechniq Halo, 30ml bottle. It’s a flexible film coating and allows the Xpel self healing top layer to do its thing. I applied it myself and was pretty easy to do.

So far I put on 300 highway miles and the nose is covered in bugs. I’m very happy with the water behavior and it is a joy to wash due to slickness and extreme hydrophobic nature. Also it’s the first time I didn’t feel the need to use a topper. So I haven’t put SiSplash on my Halo but testing it on a car without PPF.

Next time I wash my car I’ll section my hood into 3 parts 1) Halo only, 2) topped with SiSplash and 3) topped with Jescar Bead-it