autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essense Plus

I don't prefer to use Essence Plus on top of the coatings, my experience mirrors BSoares. You can't apply Essence Plus to a healthy coating and expect to get a beneficial performance out of it, it's going to either mask the coating to a significant degree, or it's going to permanently degrade the hydrophobic performance.

Outside of the coatings I think it's a very capable protectant, the water behavior isn't anything crazy, but the ease of use and gloss is actually quite good. You need to shake the crap out of it every time you apply it to the pad though, this separates inside of the bottle very quickly for me.

2. Likes Bruno Soares, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see
    Sounds like have mor cons than pros

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    Overcoat has great hydrophobics and durability for what it is, but does nothing for looks. And if anything I think it has a tendency to mute the glossy look of your work.

I tossed my last bottle of it.
    I find it adds a very high gloss glassy look to the paint. It's not as much of a glow as other stuff but I like the glassy look of it so I use it. Plus, I find it super easy to use and apply even in direct sunlight.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I find it adds a very high gloss glassy look to the paint. It's not as much of a glow as other stuff but I like the glassy look of it so I use it. Plus, I find it super easy to use and apply even in direct sunlight.
    This stuff is bottled in someone's kitchen in Korea so it's possible they change the formula from time to time. They do small runs at a time. The guy flys this stuff over in his luggage.

I had a bottle when it first came out in 2015 (IIRC) that I thought worked well although I don't think it ever added gloss. But I always applied over a highly polished surface with a coating already in place. The second bottle in 2018 wasn't very good. At that same time all of a sudden the US reseller started promoting other top coats over Kamikaze coatings. Could be coincidence or could be they noticed something not great about it either.

Since then you don't hear much about overcoat. Not from the reseller and not from really anywhere. Perhaps the days of it's value have passed with all the other products out there today.

It's possible your bottle has an updated formula too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    I was considering put it on bare clear coat and top it with Reload or Elixir on my wifes car.

I kinda like the idea of a SiO2 liquud sealant but there is none out there that really convince me.
    1)Adams Ceramic Liquid Wax - no good durability and no good gloss either
    2)Ethos Ceramic Wax Pro - its really not that hydrophobic
    3)Meguiars M27 Ceramic Sealant - no much info on durability, but apparently isnt much
    4)CG Hydroslick - nightmare to work with
    5)Wolfgang SiO2 paint sealant - cant find any real review

I thought the answer was Essence +

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    5) WG SiO2 Paint Sealant has great reviews. Durability is good, longevity is a wildcard since it’s newer, but what kind of longevity were you looking for with Essence Plus?

There’s a lot of easy to use ceramic products out there, the larger growing genre in my opinion, but maybe you have more specific desires than what the sprays, waxes and sealants can provide? They are (almost) all really easy to work with though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    I kinda like the idea of a SiO2 liquud sealant but there is none out there that really convince me.
    5)Wolfgang SiO2 paint sealant - cant find any real review
    Acura and I have both completed reviews on it. Acura even more so and in depth comparing it to others in real life scenarios and documenting.

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Acura and I have both completed reviews on it. Acura even more so and in depth comparing it to others in real life scenarios and documenting.
    Well, I personally liked Mike’s review more.

There are others around the same time as well. It’s been one of the hottest reviews at AGO in 2020, in my opinion. I haven’t heard anyone say anything negative yet. For price, application, gloss, protection it seems amazing. I just don’t have a true, non-tortured idea of longevity.

10. Likes Mike@DedicatedPerfection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    This stuff is bottled in someone's kitchen in Korea so it's possible they change the formula from time to time. They do small runs at a time. The guy flys this stuff over in his luggage.

I had a bottle when it first came out in 2015 (IIRC) that I thought worked well although I don't think it ever added gloss. But I always applied over a highly polished surface with a coating already in place. The second bottle in 2018 wasn't very good. At that same time all of a sudden the US reseller started promoting other top coats over Kamikaze coatings. Could be coincidence or could be they noticed something not great about it either.

Since then you don't hear much about overcoat. Not from the reseller and not from really anywhere. Perhaps the days of it's value have passed with all the other products out there today.

It's possible your bottle has an updated formula too.
    Kamikaze is based out of Japan, I would assume it came from a Japanese kitchen. I have V3 and will use soon, but everything I’ve heard from V2 is that it has really nice gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget sent me a bottle (i believe v1) and it like it but not as visually appealing as Cosmic. I think its a little better in the self cleaning but doesn’t last as long

I alternate between the two and use one monthly.

Also i don’t think theirs a version 3. The renamed version 2 No 3.

As in third step of a system. No. 1 is anti-aging shampoo and No. 2 is their water spot remover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take a look at it when I get home, but it says 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Budget sent me a bottle (i believe v1) and it like it but not as visually appealing as Cosmic. I think its a little better in the self cleaning but doesn’t last as long

I alternate between the two and use one monthly.

Also i don’t think theirs a version 3. The renamed version 2 No 3.

As in third step of a system. No. 1 is anti-aging shampoo and No. 2 is their water spot remover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast