autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essense Plus

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Essence Plus has a very unique role and it's very useful in that application. However, I don't think that this product will do what you're looking for.
    A good option for you might be a SiO2 based wax.
    Correct, those are the ones that I listed above but apparently none of them stands out of the bunch. At least with the reviews that I have seen here or Youtube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I never discarded the towels I used with real coatings and never had an issue. Perhaps for a pro making money on the job it's easy to discard of towels and just build that cost into the service but for a hobbyist throwing towels away every time a coating is installed is crazy.

I primarily use Gyeon Bald Wipe for that. They have been used and washed and continue to be great. I bought some cheaper towels for that purpose from TRC and they aren't as good after the first use/wash, so I only use them now for wheel coating. They just don't feel good like they did when new. The more expensive Gyeon towel is still great after multiple coatings/washes.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting!

That is with cancoat or you mean a full blown 2yr plus coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Interesting!

That is with cancoat or you mean a full blown 2yr plus coating?

Full 2 year coating. I just change towels often (so not to super load them with product and also give the coating time to start curing in the towel) and dunk them in a bucket with Micro Restore / APC and wash at the end of the day. I probably use 6 to 8 towels per layer of coating, 2 at a time.

I haven't used CanCoat myself. That one you spray directly into the towel instead of using the towel just to level the coating like CQ Lite or another full blown coating. I'm not sure how that translates to wear on the towel. Maybe if you're using one towel to spread and one to level CanCoat you can keep the leveling towel but need to discard the one you sprayed into for the whole car? I'm not so sure.

I suggested CanCoat because I know it's easy to do and results are pretty much like a full blown coating, but easier to apply. CQ Lite is basically the same effort to apply as a full blown coating so at that point I'd just use UK 3.0 instead and get at least twice the longevity.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with your point with cancoat, I think the thing with CQ Lite is that you really have to do it wrong for it to leave a high spot, supposedly it is really user friendly plus you get 150ml for the price of 30ml of a full blown.

Nice to know your strategy with the towels.

6. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Yeah, Cancoat & CQuartz Lite were the top 2 on the list (Im following Guz durability thread)

I was trying to look for a SiO2 product that can last about 6 months or maybe more with great gloss (white car) and hydrophobics but that I dont have to discard towels, not because of the price of the towels but because the car is white that means if I mess it up I can fix it easily without having to polish.
    That is how I conclude that a SiO2 liquid sealant/wax might be a good idea if I maintain it with Cure or Reload/Elixir.
    Im a little scared of coatings to be honest

If you have not already seen this then definitely watch it. I am in agreement that Lite is more durable as it is closer to an actual coating than CanCoat. CanCoat is nice for its quicker application.

I would not worry about the towels. Edgeless 300's from the rag company are so cheap. Who cares if you have to toss out a couple of them. Microfibers are a consumable.

Your other option is to just use an SiO2 spray sealant and use it often.

I feel like we have gone through this a few times haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you have not already seen this then definitely watch it. I am in agreement that Lite is more durable as it is closer to an actual coating than CanCoat. CanCoat is nice for its quicker application.

I would not worry about the towels. Edgeless 300's from the rag company are so cheap. Who cares if you have to toss out a couple of them. Microfibers are a consumable.

Your other option is to just use an SiO2 spray sealant and use it often.

I feel like we have gone through this a few times haha.

I dont know how I missed that video!!!!
    That is my favorite Youtube channel for detailing, thanks, I will watch it tonight

Hahaha yes man, we have, Im so ocd that overthink everything...
    Thank you for you patience and help

9. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish angel Cosmic. Do some interneting and thank PA later. Best hydrophobics for a spray sealant. Your white paint will glow. Theirs not much out their (maybe Overcoat but i dont think its as durable.

Use it with their primer spritz they claim over a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Overcoat is a bit more durable than PA but PA is easier to use. PA is just spritz on when drying and then final buff.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Overcoat has great hydrophobics and durability for what it is, but does nothing for looks. And if anything I think it has a tendency to mute the glossy look of your work.

I tossed my last bottle of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast