autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alcantara safe cleaner advice

Quote Originally Posted by SHMIKOS14A View Post
    I see, so the method used by the guy in the video I put up, who is a professional detailer, is not safe for alcantara? Because thats the way I want to clean the seats, thoroughly. I dont want to clean one small area of the seat, I want to clean every inch of the material.
    I didn’t watch the nearly 19min. video in its entirety... He lost me when his 1st step after vacuuming was to saturate the entire seat with an enzyme odor elimiator spray. I wouldn’t do that 1st, that’s supposed to be done last.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The enzyme odor eliminator is also acting as a fabric cleaner/stain remover because the seats are filthy. He's not using it purely as an odor eliminator.

Post Thanks / Like

The enzyme odor eliminator is also acting as a fabric cleaner/stain remover because the seats are filthy. He's not using it purely as an odor eliminator.
    Alright, it seems like you’ve made your mind up to follow the exact steps shown in that video. Good luck, if it worked for him you should be good.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My original question was never about the method, it was asking for some recommendations on a cleaner that I can spray liberally onto the surface to agitate before using an extractor machine.

So I will try to ask again, are there any products that I can spray all over an alcantara seat so I can agitate before using an extraction machine to pull all the muck out?

Post Thanks / Like

Alcantara safe cleaner advice

My original question was never about the method, it was asking for some recommendations on a cleaner that I can spray liberally onto the surface to agitate before using an extractor machine.

So I will try to ask again, are there any products that I can spray all over an alcantara seat so I can agitate before using an extraction machine to pull all the muck out?

Looks like alot of people (including Mike) answered Sonax. Is that not good recommendation?

Also if alot of people here (some pro’s) are not recommending JP’s method why not email JP or ask in comments of video? Sounds like most don’t agree with you tube video’s so maybe ask the random pro?

I personally have use griots interior cleaner. I feel it’s not to heavy and may work in that method but have never tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to use the Sonax stuff, but the recommendations on this product say not to saturate the seat. I think this product is only designed for spray on and pat dry.

Maybe I will just have to resort to spot cleaning them instead of doing the full deep clean I was planning.

Cheers for the replies and sorry for my stubbornness, I just feel like the only proper and thorough way to clean fabric is by light agitation followed by warm water extraction machine.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I’m left to assume is that these seats are absolutely thrashed? What kind of vehicle is this? Year, make, model?

Also, you’ve used the terms extractor and wet vac as part of your plan of attack in this thread.. Which exact machine are you going to be using?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Alcantara safe cleaner advice

I would be happy to use the Sonax stuff, but the recommendations on this product say not to saturate the seat. I think this product is only designed for spray on and pat dry.

Maybe I will just have to resort to spot cleaning them instead of doing the full deep clean I was planning.

Cheers for the replies and sorry for my stubbornness, I just feel like the only proper and thorough way to clean fabric is by light agitation followed by warm water extraction machine.
    •Before you saturate the seat assemblies...
    please keep in mind what all else the seat
    assemblies are made with.

(One example:
    It’s daggone near impossible to totally
    extract all of the water/cleaning solution
    from foam. End results: mold/mildew/etc.
    and all of the accompanying heinousness.)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •Before you saturate the seat assemblies...
    please keep in mind what all else the seat
    assemblies are made with.

(One example:
    It’s daggone near impossible to totally
    extract all of the water/cleaning solution
    from foam. End results: mold/mildew/etc.
    and all of the accompanying heinousness.)

Bob
    Yeah i work with mattresses and yes you should never use a extraxtor or wet vac to clean them. If tou don’t get all water out your car will stink from the mildew.

I would assume same with seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Seats are from a Toyota 86 2017 model. They are in good condition and not thrashed at all, just wanted to give them a deep clean not a surface wipe. I have been using an extractor machine for many years to deep clean car seats and carpets, never had any of the issues you all are talking about.

The machine I will be using is a Karcher Puzzi 100, it's a professional grade machine made in Italy.

I have already done the back seats and will be doing the front ones on Sunday. The back seats are currently sitting in a room with an airconditioner set to max heat. Should dry them out by morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12